Cowboy baseball vs. WVU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Easy there grasshopper. You are the one selling our hitters short. I bet ya Josh isn’t taking your approach with the team, telling them it’s ok because he is a better pitcher than you are hitters.

Agree to disagree, it’s not ok to get run on your home field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No one said it's ok. I just said it's a fact of the game. I'm not the one bleeding on this thread grasshopper.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Easy there grasshopper. You are the one selling our hitters short. I bet ya Josh isn’t taking your approach with the team, telling them it’s ok because he is a better pitcher than you are hitters.

Agree to disagree, it’s not ok to get run on your home field.

No one said it's ok. I just said it's a fact of the game. I'm not the one bleeding on this thread grasshopper.
Bleeding? I’m confused. You’re right bad games happen Chief. Tell me the last time an OSU team was out hit 17-3 on their home field?

Here is another nugget for you - against the three best teams this pitcher has faced (OU, Baylor, and Oregon State) he is 0-3 and gave up a total of 11 earned runs in those games. I would think you would agree the Cowboys are at that same level, so I guess OSU batters were just blinded by his brilliance.

Keep living in fantasy land Chief.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Bleeding? I’m confused. You’re right bad games happen Chief. Tell me the last time an OSU team was out hit 17-3 on their home field?

Here is another nugget for you - against the three best teams this pitcher has faced (OU, Baylor, and Oregon State) he is 0-3 and gave up a total of 11 earned runs in those games. I would think you would agree the Cowboys are at that same level, so I guess OSU batters were just blinded by his brilliance.

The sure sign of a knowledgeable lacking arguement is to revert to condescending name calling. If you can't recognize or have a scouting report on this pitcher, you should simply bow out. Again, we fail behind early which took any pressure off of him. And by the way, this board and you are the same ones who always harp on our poor hitting approach chief.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK

The sure sign of a knowledgeable lacking arguement is to revert to condescending name calling. If you can't recognize or have a scouting report on this pitcher, you should simply bow out. Again, we fail behind early which took any pressure off of him. And by the way, this board and you are the same ones who always harp on our poor hitting approach chief.
Have a good night.

Nov 14, 2010
Well...

Tonight is not just one of those nights

Tonight is a continuing of a trend that has become all too common.

The trend is for our pitching staff to under perform.

We never know who our #2 or #3 starters are and now our #1 is getting run ruled by the good teams he faces.

Rob Walton needs to come under fire

It seems like every year we have talented pitchers that all of the sudden either can't throw strikes or just simply can't get outs.

He appears to be a coach that is not willing to adjust to each pitchers individual strengths and forces them to pitch in ways that don't suit their stengths.

We've had enough pitchers under perform under his watch to have evidence that there is an issue in philosophy.

It appears that Rob is unwilling to change so Josh is going to have to act like a Head Coach and intervene.

We have to stop putting our pitchers in situations where there always behind in counts because Rob forces them to throw pitches they're not comfortable with in even counts.

Rob is never going to stop forcing our pitchers to try and be him unless Josh makes him.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Not having Carter and McCusker is going to kill our already inconsistent lineup.

The team ERA is at 4.12, the highest I remember in some time. It's crazy how hard of a time they have getting the third out.

Still two games out there this weekend. Hopefully a different team shows up tomorrow.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
We got beat, we really got beat, but the season isn't over. However, our pitching performance haven't been stellar and our hitting performance is not exactly awe inspiring.