Cowboy Baseball in the Polls 5/7/18

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
This week, the Cowboys check in at:

D1baseball: #22
Collegiate Baseball Newspaper: #14
Baseball America: #20
USA Today Coaches' Poll: #22
Perfect Game: NR
NCBWA: #25

Warren Nolan RPI:
Big XII: Still the #2 ranked conference in the country (by a slim margin)
The Cowboys check in at #22 nationally

Boyd's World RPI:
The Cowboys check in at #21 nationally

Big XII Conference Standings:
The Cowboys are still in 1st place with a 15-3 conference mark. The Cowboys' magic number is now 3. Any number of Cowboy wins or Longhorn losses that adds up to 3, and we will have our 33rd conference title in program history.

On tap this week:
@ Baylor for a 3 game set, Fri/Sat/Sun - 6:35 , 3:05 , 1:05 (all 3 televised by Fox sports channels).

More info on the Baylor series:
http://www.orangepower.com/threads/baylor-baseball-series.246678/#post-3770357

Last edited:

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Some food for thought, as this just now hit me. We're not playing a mid-week game this week due to finals right? So, if we're taking finals this week, and you know how much emphasis Coach Holliday puts on academics, then it may not be hard to figure out the poor performances this past week. Not making excuses, we got our butts beat, fair in square. But, there's little doubt that preparation for finals could have hampered our focus a bit. And, if that's the case, I'm totally okay with it. I really appreciate how much Holliday emphasizes and speaks about academics.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Some food for thought, as this just now hit me. We're not playing a mid-week game this week due to finals right? So, if we're taking finals this week, and you know how much emphasis Coach Holliday puts on academics, then it may not be hard to figure out the poor performances this past week. Not making excuses, we got our butts beat, fair in square. But, there's little doubt that preparation for finals could have hampered our focus a bit. And, if that's the case, I'm totally okay with it. I really appreciate how much Holliday emphasizes and speaks about academics.
I agree the Pokes got it handed to them, even the first game they could have lost but I got to catch a few innings of the Friday game, what I came away thinking - the Pokes are getting Texas'ed at Iowa. The video was not particularly good nor was it even in a place to make many general observations, however when the catcher is reaching outside of his offside knee for pitches and they are consistently (against the Pokes not the other way) called strikes, really forcing the Cowboy hitters to expand, I don't need a very good view.
I didn't see any of the weekend games but if Friday was any indication if I were Josh, I'd think long and hard about going back there, plus a non dirt mound, really a $500 tarp is too much to ask.

Aug 1, 2008
I agree the Pokes got it handed to them, even the first game they could have lost but I got to catch a few innings of the Friday game, what I came away thinking - the Pokes are getting Texas'ed at Iowa. The video was not particularly good nor was it even in a place to make many general observations, however when the catcher is reaching outside of his offside knee for pitches and they are consistently (against the Pokes not the other way) called strikes, really forcing the Cowboy hitters to expand, I don't need a very good view.
I didn't see any of the weekend games but if Friday was any indication if I were Josh, I'd think long and hard about going back there, plus a non dirt mound, really a $500 tarp is too much to ask.
Those turf mounds are brutal for most pitchers that are accustomed to dirt!!!