Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This thing mutates at an incredible rate

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1349511452382679040?s=19
I remember there was thought it might eventually mutate it's way back to animals and out of humans. Similar to some other viruses.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
AZ now the worst hot spot in the country. AZ health officials are debating to start rationing medical care to patients who have little chance of survival. Health officials have told triage workers to begin to prepare to make life or death care decisions.

State officials also have told front line health care workers it will take at least 6 weeks for them to get vaccines into their arms.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Maybe to try and encourage places like Stillwater to open. I think the news said just over 90 percent of public schools in Oklahoma and even more private schools are currently in at least A/B or full time in person instruction. Many Stillwater parents are getting fed up that they're kids aren't going back. With some people saying that in virtual, almost 40 percent of the kids aren't even logging in to do work.

If "encouraging" was his target then he seems to have missed the mark by a bit... Have you seen any school or educator responses that make it sound like they feel encouraged by this? All the responses I've seen have been that of confusion, anger, irritation, etc.

Also, FWIW:
1610637211861.png

Sep 22, 2011
If "encouraging" was his target then he seems to have missed the mark by a bit... Have you seen any school or educator responses that make it sound like they feel encouraged by this? All the responses I've seen have been that of confusion, anger, irritation, etc.

Also, FWIW:
View attachment 88364
has any school district come out and said they will be following the new guidelines?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The CDC reports that the US has officially given out 10,278,462 vaccines. This passes the number of cases confirmed to be recovered from the virus by the CDC in the USA at 10,201,460...in a few weeks we will likely have given more shots than confirmed cases, which will be welcome news.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Be vigilant, wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands, it's bad right now...get yourself on a list for the vaccine ASAP, and do us all a favor and please decide to get it instead of buying into conspiracy theories. The more Americans get it the faster this gets over.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
has any school district come out and said they will be following the new guidelines?
Not to my knowledge. Most of the ones I've seen have said that they haven't even been provided anything in writing yet.

He claims to have discussed this with educators first but so far I haven't seen any educators coming out saying the same. I did see on the news last night that he didn't even discuss it with Joy Hoffmeister.

https://www.news9.com/story/5fff83f...stitts-new-school-covid19-quarantine-policies

Sep 22, 2011
Not to my knowledge. Most of the ones I've seen have said that they haven't even been provided anything in writing yet.

He claims to have discussed this with educators first but so far I haven't seen any educators coming out saying the same. I did see on the news last night that he didn't even discuss it with Joy Hoffmeister.

https://www.news9.com/story/5fff83f...stitts-new-school-covid19-quarantine-policies
Yeah that is what I have seen as well. I will probably get roasted for this, but I actually agree with him, I don't think that school is what is spreading it, and I think that having schools out is a lot more dangerous than having them in during covid. I dont know about stopping the contact tracing completely, but I agree you shouldn't have to take out the whole class for a positive test. Kids and teachers should be wearing masks and distanced, but schools need to stay open, especially when bars restaurants and stores are still open. I think if you are really worried then there are plenty of distance learning options currently available.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Yeah that is what I have seen as well. I will probably get roasted for this, but I actually agree with him, I don't think that school is what is spreading it, and I think that having schools out is a lot more dangerous than having them in during covid. I dont know about stopping the contact tracing completely, but I agree you shouldn't have to take out the whole class for a positive test. Kids and teachers should be wearing masks and distanced, but schools need to stay open, especially when bars restaurants and stores are still open. I think if you are really worried then there are plenty of distance learning options currently available.
I think the main complaint is that he's cherry picking info here to push this. He's taking evidence that schools can be operating like that and wanting to apply it here but ignoring everything else that the state where the data came from is currently doing outside of the school that we are not. I'm sure the threat at school is a lot less when you actually have mandates and policies being followed outside of the school to begin with.

That said, I don't think any schools are going to change their policies based on this until the CDC changes their recommendations so it just comes back to the "why" question for me.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel-covid-vaccinations-1.5859396

Israel is kicking butt in their fight to get the vaccine in lots of arms.
Imagine that..... the country whose building codes in places includes the ability to take a rocket is efficient at this. Real concern creates real action

That being said, and despite disagreements in the way the vaccine is being distributed, we are still a full 6 months ahead of the schedule the CDC stated in Oct/nov and once chain pharmacies start distribution the numbers will go through the roof

Maybe to try and encourage places like Stillwater to open. I think the news said just over 90 percent of public schools in Oklahoma and even more private schools are currently in at least A/B or full time in person instruction. Many Stillwater parents are getting fed up that they're kids aren't going back. With some people saying that in virtual, almost 40 percent of the kids aren't even logging in to do work.

As a parent of Stillwater kids it’s beyond frustrating. The send out surveys to see what parents want then do the exact opposite. SPS is the only place in town that is shut down. We have been in school one full week in person since spring break. The damage our board and administration is doing to these kids will never be recovered. The next board elections are going to be heated.

AZ now the worst hot spot in the country. AZ health officials are debating to start rationing medical care to patients who have little chance of survival. Health officials have told triage workers to begin to prepare to make life or death care decisions.

State officials also have told front line health care workers it will take at least 6 weeks for them to get vaccines into their arms.
This is no surprise with their heavy migrant community and the number of snowbirds. Flu season overburdens the system a lot of years.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Imagine that..... the country whose building codes in places includes the ability to take a rocket is efficient at this. Real concern creates real action

That being said, and despite disagreements in the way the vaccine is being distributed, we are still a full 6 months ahead of the schedule the CDC stated in Oct/nov and once chain pharmacies start distribution the numbers will go through the roof
CVS announced yesterday they are hiring like 12.5k techs and pharmacists to gear up to give the shots