Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
CDC as soon as today expected to order all incoming international flights to the US the passenger must prove they do not have COVID to enter US
This seems odd. 1-year after the pandemic commences and right after we start giving vaccines we make this policy change??

I don’t have a problem with non-US citizens. But US citizens returning within a short period should have an exemption. I don’t support requiring Americans to get tested while on a short vacation.

Shoot data shows it is currently safer traveling via flight to most all Caribbean islands than flying to part of California right now.

Sep 22, 2011
Haven't posted on this thread in a while. The recent uptick in cases in rural OK and the news of the new strain of the virus has people towing the line on distancing and masks up to about 60% from the low of 10% from my observation. Schools in Ponca are in and will not go back to virtual only any time soon, but they do have 1/3 of kids at home right now (including mine) due to contact tracing. There was an explosion of positive cases while school was in virtual for 4 weeks so they wont be going back to virtual. I am in Phase 3 of the vaccine due to being an essential worker, I will probably get it when it is my turn, but at the current pace I expect that to be sometime late this year. Holding patterns suck.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
CDC as soon as today expected to order all incoming international flights to the US the passenger must prove they do not have COVID to enter US
Wouldn't those with a vaccine be excluded from this test? This seems draconian considering it's being spread mostly locally at gatherings and not necessarily in airplanes where air is changed out constantly and people are required to wear mask all the time. I do realize it's really bad right now but this policy made MUCH more sense 12 to 14 weeks ago than it does now with the vaccine going into the arms of so many right now.

Edit: I noticed it's income travelers to the US and not outgoing. I guess there is still time to GTHOOD as long as we don't soon return. ;-)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Haven't posted on this thread in a while. The recent uptick in cases in rural OK and the news of the new strain of the virus has people towing the line on distancing and masks up to about 60% from the low of 10% from my observation. Schools in Ponca are in and will not go back to virtual only any time soon, but they do have 1/3 of kids at home right now (including mine) due to contact tracing. There was an explosion of positive cases while school was in virtual for 4 weeks so they wont be going back to virtual. I am in Phase 3 of the vaccine due to being an essential worker, I will probably get it when it is my turn, but at the current pace I expect that to be sometime late this year. Holding patterns suck.
I thought "essential workers" were in phase #2. Call your physician and find out more. I don't think the phasing will hold up and that you will be able to get it, if you want it, by end of February. Once they work through those who they know want it that are on their list...I would bet it opens up to general public sooner rather than later. Just my opinion because they don't want to waste doses by being too strict with the phasing.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I thought "essential workers" were in phase #2. Call your physician and find out more. I don't think the phasing will hold up and that you will be able to get it, if you want it, by end of February. Once they work through those who they know want it that are on their list...I would bet it opens up to general public sooner rather than later. Just my opinion because they don't want to waste doses by being too strict with the phasing.
"Essential" as defined in Stitt's executive order from the shut-downs is Phase 3. I'm in that one as well.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
The latter part is constantly put out there by one poster, to the point he's incapable of discussing anything he doesn't agree with.

Obviously some people listen to Alex Jones, that's why he's hung around for awhile now. I've got a cousin whom I suspect is probably like the family member you described & he's completely off the rails with the conspiracy stuff.

What's funny to me is that the conspiracy crowd in the US has typically been more on the conservative side with their theories, but now our extremely woke daughter (she'll tell you how woke she is, believe me) falls for every conspiracy theory that comes along, every, single, time. We spent alot of Xmas day hearing from her & her boyfriend about how Trump was going to impose Marshall Law because of the Nashville bombing, for instance. They also talked about Marshall Law for weeks at the beginning of COVID, fwiw.

It's simply scary how easy it is to peddle these theories today.
This was an interesting opinion on Q Anon and applies basically to all conspiracy theories

A Game Designer’s Analysis Of QAnon | by Rabbit Rabbit | curiouserinstitute | Medium

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
What are they telling you about timing?
Nothing. Only thing I've seen is that it's just after phase 3 based on vaccine availbility.

Odd thing though, my wife's school district sent out a survey today asking teachers how many family members would be interested if given the option to get the vaccine... Not really sure what they plan to do with that info or HOW they could do anything with that unless they're going to extend phase qualifications of teachers to their family members. Was really confused when she mentioned it to me.

Jun 14, 2011
What are they telling you about timing?
I'm in Phase 3 as well. This is the email I got when I signed up for the vaccine. No news on timing.

"You have successfully registered to receive a COVID-19 Vaccine. Based on the details you submitted, you have been identified as a candidate for a group within Phase 3 of vaccinations. We are currently administering the vaccine to the residents who have been assigned to an earlier group. We will send you an email notification with information on how to schedule your vaccination as soon as your group within Phase 3 becomes active."

Mar 11, 2006
Stitt trying so hard to be a one term Governor.
He is going to have to slow down on the vaccines. Oklahoma in the top 10 in vaccines given in terms of per capita.
And remains one of the lowest in deaths per capita.

The new guidelines are not directives. Schools can continue operating and doing their own contract tracing and continuing with their current policies.

There may be some that don't like Stitt for particular reasons ... but as for COVID response -- lets be happy we didn't have the leaders from other states and cities.