Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
There are many people that get sick from the flu shot that don't get sick with the flu when they don't take it. Also, the last few seasons they've not been very effective. Sad to get the shot and then turn around and still get the flu pretty bad later because they picked the wrong strains.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
There will always be exceptions. But statistics show the vaccines helps ...A LOT.
I know I personally will have zero qualms about taking the COVID vaccine once it is available.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
IF it comes to that...and that is a big IF (but not out of the realm of possibility)
it is their business. They are allowed to deny service if they want too.

I'm betting it will be required to show the card at things like Hospitals to visit patients, or at retirement homes to visit family, or heck even at public schools as it is already required there.

I HIGHLY expect that cruises, flights, and especially travel to other countries will require you show your proof of vaccination before they let you travel.
Sorry to quote my own post but I wanted to add I think the next big fight after the vaccine is released will be Anti Vaxxers who refuse to get their kids vaccinated for ANYTHING will raise a HOLY CRAP Fest if public schools require their kids to show proof of a COVID vaccine to attend public schools.

Many Anti Vaxxers get by now claiming a religious exemption and I assume they will try to make the same claim with the COVID vaccine.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Sorry to quote my own post but I wanted to add I think the next big fight after the vaccine is released will be Anti Vaxxers who refuse to get their kids vaccinated for ANYTHING will raise a HOLY CRAP Fest if public schools require their kids to show proof of a COVID vaccine to attend public schools.

Many Anti Vaxxers get by now claiming a religious exemption and I assume they will try to make the same claim with the COVID vaccine.
Has distance learning been effective enough that the schools can say if you don’t get the vaccine you will be required to learn from home?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Has distance learning been effective enough that the schools can say if you don’t get the vaccine you will be required to learn from home?
I think it can be argued at the 9-12 it can be done and be done successfully and I think can be argued it is a MASSIVE learning opportunity for Self Responsibility to better prepare these students for College. However, for the younger grades it seems like it has been a pure Sh** Show

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
What are you "hearing"? Opportune moment for a source so we don't get caught up in rumors.
Sorry, I’m bad at getting these links posted. Also found the following article that is of the type I referenced earlier, just varies depending on the speaker, author, and of course recipient of the vaccine.

What it feels like to get an mRNA coronavirus vaccine
By Andrea Kane, CNN
Updated 11:32 PM ET, Wed December 2, 2020

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
California Gov has announced a big change to their stay at home order strategy for COVID. State will be broken up into 5 regions and monitored. Once ICU capacity in a region hits 85% full, then it will auto trigger a 3 week stay at home order.

None of the 5 regions that have been set up have ever reached the 85% capacity level yet

https://twitter.com/abc7anabel/status/1334597689900552192

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Wal Mart announces they will pay out a 4th bonus to both full time and part time workers who are considered essential workers. This will make $2.8 Billion the company has paid out in bonus this year.

COVID has been good for them and their stock price has grown by 25% this year