Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
For Wisconsin I 100% suspect it's because their phenom QB caught it. If I were them, I'd want to pull as many people for contact tracing. Maybe that's not what they did, but in the other hand, why wouldn't they? A win over Nebraska gets them nothing and playing can only hurt them.
6 Players, 6 Staff, and Head Coach all tested positive

It sucks too, because I LOVE to watch Nebraska get stomped

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Nail on the head.

if you want to prove ineffective masks are, just look at contact tracing. Both my wife and I wear masks religiously, my wife is a teacher and when she was caught up in contact tracing they did not care that she wore a mask at all times at school, they didn't care That she tested negative, once she was caught in contact tracing she was treated as infected and nothing we could do could prove otherwise. At this point we have pandemic fatigue.
I know this is a minority opinion, but I think we are going to have to learn to live with risk again, because as many have said, this may never go away.

Just my very humble opinion is that we need to get back to living
Honestly it depends on where you are and what news you partake of if you think that your opinion is a "minority" opinion. I'd say it's a even split nationally.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1321447927093612544
We don't have czar's in medicine so I know whover reported this is trying to make a point by quoting a "czars" opinion. Here in Oklahoma using the Oklahoma State Health department's numbers I find that the percentage
testing positive for Covid 19 is low and drifting even lower. Death rates are low in relatonship to other common causes of death...approximately 4.5% of all deaths. Increased hospitalizations are related to not only to Covid-19 infection alone but to a certain amount of fear and to its well known comorbidities. We know too that reports show that people are so fearful of Covid-19 that they ignore serious symptoms of other disease and do
not seek needed healthcare. Death from other non-virus related are likely to increase.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
ME getting hit hard. I saw yesterday the doctors in Syria have come together and are reaching out for Global Aid saying that years of Civil War in the country has left their supplies and infrastructure destroyed and they are on the verge of a COVID Emergency

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1321520886751645698

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
This is crazy but it’s not the norm..... I live in a metro area with more than the population of many states. Come to Dallas pick the large store I’ll give you $100 for every non mask you give me one dollar for every masked person.... you’ll go broke. Also the whole world is struggling now and the argument can’t be that the entire world is fighting masks because of a trump tweet....because the argument was “if we would just do like France/Germany/Spain” just a couple of weeks ago. They don’t work like they said they do......they don’t hurt a thing either. But the “if people would just wear a mask” narrative is losing ground. The world is wearing a mask. Maybe not rural Oklahoma but the other 7.7999 billion are and it’s spreading faster than ever. There may not be a magic bullet for this thing.
this is from the Trump rally in Omaha last night. Just a pic of the crowd. I can count 25 people in this one small pic of people not wearing a mask. I'm fairly sure the shunning of masks is a little bit more of the norm than you think

1603913585173.png

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
this is from the Trump rally in Omaha last night. Just a pic of the crowd. I can count 25 people in this one small pic of people not wearing a mask. I'm fairly sure the shunning of masks is a little bit more of the norm than you think

View attachment 86683
I’ve traveled literally the Far East/west and north/south boundaries of the country since this has started I’ve been in hot metro areas and counties with zero cases. People are wearing masks.....is it 100% no.....but it is way way closer to 100 than 50 especially where anyone lives. Mask compliance isn’t the problem.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
California's Rules For Your Thanksgiving Gathering​

1. No more than 3 households, including your own. If you have 3 married kids, only two of them are allowed to come.​

2. Make a list of all attendees and their contact information in case the government wants it.​

3. May not be indoors.​

4. Your guests may go inside briefly to use the bathroom as long as you sanitize it frequently.​

5. Any shade structure must be open on at least 3 sides.​

6. Your chairs must be at least 6' apart.​

7. You must provide a hand washing or sanitizing station for your guests.​

8. You should only use single serving food. (No turkey or bowls of mash potatoes or cranberry salad.)​

9. If you must serve out of one dish, your guests may not help themselves.​

10. The designated person who is allowed to serve you must wash or sanitize their hands frequently and wear a face covering.​

11. Everyone must wear a face covering at all times, except briefly while you eat (but you must sit 6' apart while you eat), or if you need to use an inhaler or for other urgent medical needs.​

12. Keep the gathering to 2 hours or less.​

13. You should not sing or chant. Physical exertion is warned against.​

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This was October 6th. Captain Ahab is leading our state.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...ucted/73-3ef47266-5742-4fcf-be69-ef654cd2c2e9

“At this time, with a 3.41 seven-day average positivity rate, the state feels like it’s safe to close these two sites,” a news release from the agency reads.

In addition to the Colorado Convention Center, the St. Mary Corwin and St. Anthony 84th Avenue sites will remain in their current state should they be needed in the fall when COVID-19 cases could surge.

The field hospital at the Colorado Convention Center has not seen a patient, and costs the state $60,000 per day.

The state’s lease for the facility runs through the end of the year and in leasing costs alone, comes with a bill of $12 million.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

1. No more than 3 households, including your own. If you have 3 married kids, only two of them are allowed to come.​

2. Make a list of all attendees and their contact information in case the government wants it.​

3. May not be indoors.​

4. Your guests may go inside briefly to use the bathroom as long as you sanitize it frequently.​

8. You should only use single serving food. (No turkey or bowls of mash potatoes or cranberry salad.)​

10. The designated person who is allowed to serve you must wash or sanitize their hands frequently and wear a face covering.​

11. Everyone must wear a face covering at all times, except briefly while you eat (but you must sit 6' apart while you eat), or if you need to use an inhaler or for other urgent medical needs.​

Guidelines...not rules

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

3. May not be indoors.​

OMG, is this real? Answered my own question...see below...also for Christmas.

Last edited: