Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I just received a message from an ER Doc I know in North East Oklahoma. I will share that info as it was a public plea on their part. I texted and asked how bad it was and the response was "There isn't an ICU bed available today within 150 miles of Tulsa"

1603395346771.png

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I certainly understand pandemic fatigue (and election fatigue) but these numbers are staggering and hopefully not a glimpse of our future. It seems like everyone decide to visit grandma and grandpa all at once.
We can always hope, but you already see it. I took an 8 hour road trip recently and no exaggeration, every rural gas station where we stopped had employees not wearing masks or distancing and 80%+ customers doing the same. Somewhat better in the cities, but they all had restaurants and bars open where no one wore masks even while waiting on food. Those are just a few examples. I'm not optimistic that rising cases or deaths will change behavior much at this point, since that's what we're already seeing. I've just kind of resigned myself to doing my part and accepting that things are probably going to keep getting worse. I'm sure I'll get hated on for saying that.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
We can always hope, but you already see it. I took an 8 hour road trip recently and no exaggeration, every rural gas station where we stopped had employees not wearing masks or distancing and 80%+ customers doing the same. Somewhat better in the cities, but they all had restaurants and bars open where no one wore masks even while waiting on food. Those are just a few examples. I'm not optimistic that rising cases or deaths will change behavior much at this point, since that's what we're already seeing. I've just kind of resigned myself to doing my part and accepting that things are probably going to keep getting worse. I'm sure I'll get hated on for saying that.

Yes, we're going to have to learn to live with the virus present, it's been abundantly clear for months now.

There will be more cases, some even worthy of a posted tweet because so & so has it now, & more deaths. There won't be posts of tweets about anyone recovering, just tweets about new diagnoses.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Yes, we're going to have to learn to live with the virus present, it's been abundantly clear for months now.

There will be more cases, some even worthy of a posted tweet because so & so has it now, & more deaths. There won't be posts of tweets about anyone recovering, just tweets about new diagnoses.
If by live with it, you mean do almost nothing, then that's largely what I saw. On the other hand, I would say learning to live with it means accepting that masks and some distancing (limiting indoor contact, avoiding large gatherings) will be with us for several more months because the virus isn't going away.