Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
https://twitter.com/JonSolomonAspen/status/1318692484281700352
I don't even know what this means. It's said like its some kind of dig, but they are allowing the kids to play if they want to. No one is losing eligibility this year, so they are letting each individual decide for themselves. WTF more could the college do?

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/1318623378102718465
That makes zero sense. If our death count from COVID was double what's been reported, that means that other causes of death have plummeted by the same amount, and according to the CDC's own website, we're trending just slightly above where we should be right now (was higher in April/May, has been coming in line ever since).

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I don't even know what this means. It's said like its some kind of dig, but they are allowing the kids to play if they want to. No one is losing eligibility this year, so they are letting each individual decide for themselves. WTF more could the college do?
Michigan students are placed under a stay at home order, while Michigan athletes are specifically exempt from stay at home orders. basically it is trying to say the Student athletes are being treated as "essential employees" and the stay at home order doesn't apply to them

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Has any one on this board actually had Covid-19 before (I'm not reading 700 pages lol)? I'm currently recovering, and to be honest it has not been anywhere near as severe as the media has portrayed. I understand people react differently, but for me it felt like little more than a sinus infection. Based on my experience, continuing or reinstituting shut-downs is pretty difficult to stomach.
My dad has it right now, is completely bed-ridden. Thankfully he doesn't have the breathing problems so far.

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Michigan students are placed under a stay at home order, while Michigan athletes are specifically exempt from stay at home orders. basically it is trying to say the Student athletes are being treated as "essential employees" and the stay at home order doesn't apply to them
Ok...so then he's excited for the players because they get special privileges?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
That would be false

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Athletes always get treated different. I was a college athlete and could miss all sorts of labs or tests for team related stuff that obviously other students couldn’t. I wouldn’t call it treated like employees as much as treated like college athletes. Meaning different.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Has any one on this board actually had Covid-19 before (I'm not reading 700 pages lol)? I'm currently recovering, and to be honest it has not been anywhere near as severe as the media has portrayed. I understand people react differently, but for me it felt like little more than a sinus infection. Based on my experience, continuing or reinstituting shut-downs is pretty difficult to stomach.
I'll answer... I had it and recovered. 48 yrs old and probably in the best physical shape in my entire life. We are talking close to elite athlete level of health here. Actually, in early September I competed in a Conquer the Gauntlet obstacle course race in Tulsa (4.3 miles / 25 strength obstacles). About one week later I started having Covid symptoms WHILE on the road to Illinois for a wedding. The symptoms were very mild, (I actually thought I had just over done it in the gym) and there wasn't a damned thing we could do about it anyway so we went thru with our weekend plans. Got back to Oklahoma after 3 days in Illinois and I started going down hill. When I lost sense of taste and smell, I knew I better get tested, and ended up testing positive. Had about 8 days straight of low-grade fever, nausea, body ache, and the loss of taste/smell persisted for at least two weeks. What really pissed me off was in less than 8 days I lost over 10 lbs of lean muscle mass... a good 3 month's worth of work in the gym busting my ass, gone in 8 days. Had to force myself to eat and about the only thing I could stomach was frozen fruit. Anything else just made my nausea worse. Also, I had zero, never, not once, no respiratory symptoms... NONE.

I've had WAY worse flu's. I've had flu's where I literally wanted to die with pretty damned high fevers and WAY worse body aches... BUT those were like 2-3 day flu's. This bugger stuck around for awhile. AND the loss of taste/smell was infuriating and sure didn't help with forcing myself to eat.

Also, it had some after effects on me. I was only out of the gym with no training for 14 days. It's taken me a good 4 weeks now to recover my muscle stamina and endurance. The first week of workouts I just felt like I couldn't get a deep enough breath or get my breathing and heart rate to regulate. I struggled with workouts that just days before were easy to finish. But I'm pretty much back to regular "beast mode" now and I've even put 5 lbs of muscle back on.

I'll say this much about Covid. It's just smurfing odd. It does completely different things to completely different people. Through work, family and friends, I now know of at least 20 people who have tested positive for Covid. AND it's just damned odd. Let me give you some examples:

My 43 yr old girlfriend tested positive too at the same time as me of course. Her only symptom, loss of taste/smell. Zero other symptoms. We also had other family members in the same car with us all the way to Illinois and back (when I'm assuming we were both already positive) and visited and hugged lots of people at the wedding. Beings that most everything was outside, we rarely, if at all, wore masks and again, because it was family, we didn't distance ourselves. There was plenty of indoor stuff too. AND no one tested positive or ever got any symptoms. We didn't spread the virus to one single person that we know of. If it was as contagious as we are being told, I just can't fathom how we didn't unknowingly spread it.

Next weird example... I have a coworker who went to a family birthday party. I believe about 14-18 people at the event. Well someone at the event was positive and spread it to everyone at the birthday party... except for my coworker and her boyfriend. They never had any symptoms and took multiple tests and never tested positive.

I know of multiple friends and family where someone started feeling bad, got tested, tested positive, but the other people living in the same house never got the virus. Spouses where the husband actually got sick, wife took care of him totally expecting to get the virus too, and never did. And they took zero precautions.

Then of the people I know who have gotten it OR tested positive... the symptoms range from not a single solitary symptom ever, to just a minor headache, to routine seasonal allergy symptoms, tothe most severe being probably my case with fever and additional other symptoms.

It's.just.damned.odd. :(

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
And apparently died of Covid complications. Which from what I can tell usually means they had at least one other serious condition and died in conjunction with or perhaps primarily of Covid.
yeah. meningitis. if you have meningitis and covid, do you die of covid or meningitis?

Per the vaccine maker. The person who died received the Meningitis shot and not the COVID vaccine shot. He was part of the control group