Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
It never ceases to amaze me how childish he can be. This tweet gave me PTSD from my middle school days.
Many times seems like he is intentionally losing the election. Gettting mad at Dr Fauci is beyond silly, but more importantly for his re-election efforts ... it is counter productive.
A doctors job is to provide educated advice. And to be cautious. I don’t follow everything he says because I know he is erring on the side of extreme caution, but the man is an expert in his field. Just a dumb argument for Trump to fight.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Many times seems like he is intentionally losing the election. Gettting mad at Dr Fauci is beyond silly, but more importantly for his re-election efforts ... it is counter productive.
A doctors job is to provide educated advice. And to be cautious. I don’t follow everything he says because I know he is erring on the side of extreme caution, but the man is an expert in his field. Just a dumb argument for Trump to fight.
We agreed on something? Whoa!

Mar 11, 2006
We agreed on something? Whoa!
I don’t think our views on Trump are that different. I am just not an anti-Trumper. I can view the things that he has done well (de-regulation, income taxes, judicial appointments) as positives and still view him as not a good leader because of his personal actions.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
My city has moved from < 100 active cases to almost 200 active cases in the last week

https://twitter.com/kfor/status/1318218626470727682
It's going to rival initial surge numbers due to the new way we have been counting inflating the numbers since the day after labor day...deaths, however, should be way down as we should be catching far more asymptomatic cases. Either way we need to watch it.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I don’t think our views on Trump are that different. I am just not an anti-Trumper. I can view the things that he has done well (de-regulation, income taxes, judicial appointments) as positives and still view him as not a good leader because of his personal actions.
I'd agree with this...but I'm still voting for him over the lump of meat that the Democrats have running as the Anti-Trump candidate and the party backing him because they want extreme policy and massive government programs that would bankrupt Americans. Also the timing of this crappy year, IMHO, is on their back in their cheerleading for the Virus, Racial division, and anything else that will hurt the American economic machine...It's as if they have made a 2020 deal with the Devil to defeat trump and to hell with the American people that it lays waste too in it's wake. This is on them, not Trump.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That’s why I asked for someone who works for a hospital to comment. Otherwise we’re throwing our worthless opinions back/forth on this. FYI - liability would mean avoiding the legal repercussions of a safety issue.

Nice ad hominem, BTW. Someone told me that was the ultimate sign of losing an argument.
As someone who works at a hospital we suspended the Volunteer program in the very beginning out of fear that they would get the virus, get very ill or die and then maybe sue the system. So it's both. Also, I think some should have been given the choice to work and sign a waiver if they wanted to do that...In some instances, however, it's best they don't work if they are over certain ages or have health issues. However in the past this would not have been an issue. Volunteers, in the past, are willing to take on the risk of getting a virus or other illnesses in order to serve the public...It's just that this one was so new and hyped... and we didn't know all their risk...as time goes on I hope we can get them back as they do make a huge difference in patient and especially family care, and guest services. They are missed big time in my area.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I guess we should take the words of a radiologist as the ultimate expert in epidemiology and virology since we don’t have doctors who are trained in that field of study.
The first thing to understand is that all of us including Dr. Fauci are leaning about this virus as we go. Too many
listen to "experts" of their chooseing and fail to understand the magnitude of the problem.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
As someone who works at a hospital we suspended the Volunteer program in the very beginning out of fear that they would get the virus, get very ill or die and then maybe sue the system. So it's both. Also, I think some should have been given the choice to work and sign a waiver if they wanted to do that...In some instances, however, it's best they don't work if they are over certain ages or have health issues. However in the past this would not have been an issue. Volunteers, in the past, are willing to take on the risk of getting a virus or other illnesses in order to serve the public...It's just that this one was so new and hyped... and we didn't know all their risk...as time goes on I hope we can get them back as they do make a huge difference in patient and especially family care, and guest services. They are missed big time in my area.
I could see that. We had to visit an ER yesterday because my son may have fractured and sprained his hand/wrist during soccer (other player 5 feet away kicked a rocket directly into his hand). There was a couple already in there and the husband was trying to get anyone’s attention as his wife was having chest pains and difficulty breathing. They were practically ignored, in an ER entry. I finally found a buzzer outside the entryway and got ahold of someone. At the same time, I understand the precaution with volunteers. I was wondering if a waiver would help, but it’s likely a delicate matter.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
The first thing to understand is that all of us including Dr. Fauci are leaning about this virus as we go. Too many
listen to "experts" of their chooseing and fail to understand the magnitude of the problem.
I totally get that we’re learning. But why have a radiologist give guidance on infectious diseases? My son may have fractured bones, we’re not going to the dentist to get his opinion.

Mar 11, 2006
I'd agree with this...but I'm still voting for him over the lump of meat that the Democrats have running as the Anti-Trump candidate and the party backing him because they want extreme policy and massive government programs that would bankrupt Americans. Also the timing of this crappy year, IMHO, is on their back in their cheerleading for the Virus, Racial division, and anything else that will hurt the American economic machine...It's as if they have made a 2020 deal with the Devil to defeat trump and to hell with the American people that it lays waste too in it's wake. This is on them, not Trump.
I understand your view point as well. I am concerned that Biden will not stand up against the growing radical members of his party.
I don’t understand why Biden has not come out forcefully against court-packing.
I don’t understand why it took months for Biden to come out against defunding the police.
I understand why, but I don’t agree why Biden and Harris continue to tacitly support identity politics that drives a wedge and creates further division in this country.

But I also understand why people cannot support Trump. His behavior, tweeting, and actions are beyond over the top. I admit, after seeing how he reacts like a child when his is mad at others, I am concerned how he would handle a nuclear crisis.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I could see that. We had to visit an ER yesterday because my son may have fractured and sprained his hand/wrist during soccer (other player 5 feet away kicked a rocket directly into his hand). There was a couple already in there and the husband was trying to get anyone’s attention as his wife was having chest pains and difficulty breathing. They were practically ignored, in an ER entry. I finally found a buzzer outside the entryway and got ahold of someone. At the same time, I understand the precaution with volunteers. I was wondering if a waiver would help, but it’s likely a delicate matter.
Too many people are staying away from needed care because of fear from the virus. Early studies show we are seeing increased deaths from other common treatable diseases.

Jan 14, 2006
That’s why I asked for someone who works for a hospital to comment. Otherwise we’re throwing our worthless opinions back/forth on this. FYI - liability would mean avoiding the legal repercussions of a safety issue.

Nice ad hominem, BTW. Someone told me that was the ultimate sign of losing an argument.
As I stated in the post you responded to, my wife is a nurse at a hospital so that's where my position comes from. I'm sure different hospitals have different policies so that's just one example.

You're right, I shouldn't have included "like you" in my example. I was responding the the shitty meme you posted doing basically the same thing.

Jan 14, 2006
Hope everything works out with your son's wrist. My youngest got her hand stepped on in her soccer game last weekend and it's still bruised up and sore.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
As I stated in the post you responded to, my wife is a nurse at a hospital so that's where my position comes from. I'm sure different hospitals have different policies so that's just one example.

You're right, I shouldn't have included "like you" in my example. I was responding the the shitty meme you posted doing basically the same thing.
So, your wife shares that opinion? It wasn’t clear in your comment:
I think the restriction is someone like you making a decision based on fear or liability and not factoring in how they are actually making things worse.
Fear of what? Liability for what?

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Hope everything works out with your son's wrist. My youngest got her hand stepped on in her soccer game last weekend and it's still bruised up and sore.
Thanks. He’s a tough mofo. He wouldn’t come out of the game because we had no subs due to other injuries. We had to have a trainer call him off the field. He was more upset about letting down his team than he was about the injury.

Hope your daughter heals up quickly as well!

Jan 14, 2006
So, your wife shares that opinion? It wasn’t clear in your comment:

Fear of what? Liability for what?
Yes. She's spends time doing things she didn't have to before and it takes away from patient care.

Exactly. I think administrators were worried about getting sued by somebody that caught the virus early on and suspended the programs. Now that we have more data as to the risks, people should be able to make their own decisions.

I really don't fault anyone's initial response since there were so many unknowns but the time has passed to be afraid of it.