Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
When I think about how many scientific discoveries have been made in my lifetime, not to mention how many things we have learned since Gutenberg made the first printing press I am not surprised we are learning new things everyday about Covid, especially considering how many people are working on it with so many resources. If we were not learning new things and things were not changing I would be more scared because we would be screwed. What has changed since I was a kids and AIDS was the big thing and Gutenberg printed the first bible is how information is shared. I think it is good that we are learning new things everyday.

Things change, that is the nature of life.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Wow, that was an enlightening read. Populist country like ours, but they got influencers to help persuade the public to allow mask mandates THEN the government followed. They did very well through the first wave. As an election approached, they didn’t reinstate those mandates as officials perceived they were becoming unpopular. Second wave hits and they are being decimated.

Jan 14, 2006
Once again, if you don't believe masks work then I invite you to go to Mercy, St. Anthony, or Baptist. Go to the COVID ward. Visit a COVID patient. Without a mask. Ask the patient to take their mask off. Invite them to cough on you. Stand close when they do it. Do all that and you'll convince me they're worthless.

Let me know when you do.
So, follow up to this. Even though I know you weren't serious. I did ask my wife about coming up there when she's treating a covid patient and obviously, no visitors are allowed but I did learn of an unintended consequence of the response. They no longer allow any volunteers to help with admits and other tasks. So now the regular hospital staff have to do extra work in addition to treating patients. Another case of the cure possibly being worse than the disease.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1318190328101376000
I read about that this morning, however the gov't calls them recommendations as they are not legally binding. The Swedes have a good history of following recommendations so will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
So, follow up to this. Even though I know you weren't serious. I did ask my wife about coming up there when she's treating a covid patient and obviously, no visitors are allowed but I did learn of an unintended consequence of the response. They no longer allow any volunteers to help with admits and other tasks. So now the regular hospital staff have to do extra work in addition to treating patients. Another case of the cure possibly being worse than the disease.
Maybe they don’t expect volunteers to be able to keep up with COVID protocols when in a role that would potentially expose them to many contagious patients? It doesn’t seem difficult to grasp why this is a good idea.

If you’re really hard up for some Covid, I’m sure someone on Craig’s List would oblige.
1603129924164.jpg

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I guess we should take the words of a radiologist as the ultimate expert in epidemiology and virology since we don’t have doctors who are trained in that field of study.