Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1317174229280780288

Anika Chebrolu, a 14-year-old freshman at Independence High School in Frisco, is being hailed as the country's top young scientist ... and she won $25,000 for her potential coronavirus breakthrough.
Anika won the 3M Young Scientist Challenge for her hard work identifying a potential drug to treat COVID-19. The brilliant student says she developed -- while in the 8th grade -- a molecule that binds to a protein on the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and essentially stops the virus from functioning. A brilliant discovery for an adult, much less a kid.
This part will blow your mind, unless you're a scientist -- Anika says she started with a database of over 682 million compounds and used a few computer programs to figure out how and where the molecule would bind to the virus.
Good for her but 25k.... that shit works she ought to get a billion

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
https://twitter.com/alexberenson/status/1317847376833449984?s=21
Once again, if you don't believe masks work then I invite you to go to Mercy, St. Anthony, or Baptist. Go to the COVID ward. Visit a COVID patient. Without a mask. Ask the patient to take their mask off. Invite them to cough on you. Stand close when they do it. Do all that and you'll convince me they're worthless.

Let me know when you do.

Jan 14, 2006
Once again, if you don't believe masks work then I invite you to go to Mercy, St. Anthony, or Baptist. Go to the COVID ward. Visit a COVID patient. Without a mask. Ask the patient to take their mask off. Invite them to cough on you. Stand close when they do it. Do all that and you'll convince me they're worthless.

Let me know when you do.
They won't let you.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
When I think about how many scientific discoveries have been made in my lifetime, not to mention how many things we have learned since Gutenberg made the first printing press I am not surprised we are learning new things everyday about Covid, especially considering how many people are working on it with so many resources. If we were not learning new things and things were not changing I would be more scared because we would be screwed. What has changed since I was a kids and AIDS was the big thing and Gutenberg printed the first bible is how information is shared. I think it is good that we are learning new things everyday.

Things change, that is the nature of life.