Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
No I think they want to make him look concerned, as we should be for someone who is ill. I am completely opposed to the Dem's on almost everything, but I do think we read way too much into some of these things. It's just a picture on a tweet trying to convey sympathy.
Well he looks stupid, not concerned. Good lord. Choose any other picture. Any picture. Or no picture.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Which part? The facts are that most large gatherings are problematic for spread...doesn't matter ones political beliefs. We need to stop being so divisive on both sides...one of those things would be to understand that rally's AND protest are equally problematic during a pandemic. And, yet, we should all desire them NOT to be (i.e. we should desire to move on safely).
I was referencing that he has it.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Should Trump and Pence be incapacitated and can not perform duties (Trump has it and Pence is quarantining) Pelosi would be sworn in as POTUS until one of them could resume their duties

I wouldn't go so far with the "getting serious" tag, they're following standard processes and procedures. My understanding is Pence has tested negative and will quarantine, they will do the same with Nancy.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Which part? The facts are that most large gatherings are problematic for spread...doesn't matter ones political beliefs. We need to stop being so divisive on both sides...one of those things would be to understand that rally's AND protest are equally problematic during a pandemic. And, yet, we should all desire them NOT to be (i.e. we should desire to move on safely).
Also for what it's worth I hope his symptoms are minor and he has a speedy recovery. I also hope, regardless of who wins next month this is a wakeup call that results in a stronger science based federal response to this illness.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Also for what it's worth I hope his symptoms are minor and he has a speedy recovery. I also hope, regardless of who wins next month this is a wakeup call that results in a stronger science based federal response to this illness.
Unfortunately, it’s highly likely those scenarios are mutually exclusive.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I agree with your first sentence, but God help us if they lock us down based on "a stronger science based federal response" that attempts to put forth a one size fits all approach. This virus is different for different areas dependent on social distance and geography. I do NOT want to see the country decimated financially (like NYC) due to a virus that still has a very low death rate. I will say this even if the POTUS passes...while I hope he does not pass from it.

States should continue to be allowed to do what Sates are designed to do and the Fed should be held accountable and keep their grubby hands to themselves, especially if they attempt to overreach their authority. When/IF the Fed's overreach we lose our freedoms AND our economic well being. WE the people are in charge locally and that is why local responses remain different between states. This freedom and separation in honored in our foundation as a country (Thank God!).

https://www.thoughtco.com/tenth-amendment-basis-of-federalism-4109181

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Would be an odd idea considering he's always talking about it being something he's not afraid of, almost like he thinks only weak people get it (arrogance). But I wouldn't put anything past him or anyone else at this point. I do hope he and the first lady recover....but I would also like the virus, if he really does have it, to play a role in the mans personal salvation. This POTUS needs Jesus...always has.
Probably not fair to jump to the conclusion that he thinks only weak people get Covid just because he’s not afraid of it. He may think only the weak, sickly, and already dying are the only ones in danger of dying from it but I’m sure he is smart enough to know countless strong & healthy people get it and are minimally affected to totally unaffected by it.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
You should mean fortunately.
To clarify, I’m saying if Trump has minor symptoms and a speedy recovery there won’t be a wake up call. Unfortunately, he may have to suffer serious health issues in order to wake up. That is my point. Not that I wish that on him, BTW.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Probably not fair to jump to the conclusion that he thinks only weak people get Covid just because he’s not afraid of it. He may think only the weak, sickly, and already dying are the only ones in danger of dying from it but I’m sure he is smart enough to know countless strong & healthy people get it and are minimally affected to totally unaffected by it.
Based on his track record, it’s totally fair. Not that you care about being fair. Cognitive dissonance and all.