Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
Norman Public Schools announced last night that they are transitioning kids back into in-person school starting next week. Instead of orange 2 being the state risk threshold to transition into virtual, it will now be red which is above 50 cases per 100,000. Cleveland county was at 29 cases/100,000 last Friday, so we should be good to go for a long time if not permanently.
sooo the Norman city council who just put tighter restrictions out this week restricting crowds to what 25 or less..??... wonder how that’s gonna go over? How are the schools going to work around that? The average class room size is in the 30s right? (I don’t have kids so I don’t know)

Norman City council thinking they gonna bully/tell the UO football crowds what to do even inside the stadium is hilarious too.

:popcorn:

Mar 11, 2006
I actually don’t have a problem with this but found it an interesting watch:

https://twitter.com/alexberenson/status/1309248947471425537?s=21
I don’t like municipalities mandating masks, but if it is the law...it’s the law. And the officer is doing what he is charged to do. I imagine if we had 60 seconds before the video started that we would see the officer calmly ask the woman to wear the mask.
‘The woman should be arrested for resisting arrest.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I don’t like municipalities mandating masks, but if it is the law...it’s the law. And the officer is doing what he is charged to do. I imagine if we had 60 seconds before the video started that we would see the officer calmly ask the woman to wear the mask.
Exactly. Never resist arrest. You’ll have your say eventually but nothing good comes from resisting. And in virtually every case the officer is doing the right thing by the law. In this case I’d be willing to bet she wasn’t being arrested for not wearing a mask, but rather was refusing to leave after being kicked out for not wearing a mask.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Can't make this stuff up. Our Governor in Colorado's warning about 'a third wave', but oh no, Fauci says we're still in the first wave.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...fauci-says/ar-BB19pyoN?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

The US remains in the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic since cases never declined significantly to a good baseline, says Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's leading infectious disease expert.

The idea of a second wave is based on the pattern seen during the 1918 pandemic, when cases were seen in the spring and then cases "literally disappeared" before there was an "explosion" of cases in the fall, Fauci said.
"Rather than say, 'A second wave,' why don't we say, 'Are we prepared for the challenge of the fall and the winter?'" Fauci said.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
I hope that cop doesn't get in trouble for that.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...ar-BB19qmND?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

A grand jury on Thursday indicted superintendent Bennett Walsh and David Clinton, the former medical director of the Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke, on charges of criminal neglect related to their work at the facility.

Healey said the charges stem from the two individuals' roles in decision-making on March 27 at the home that led to the consolidation of two dementia units into one.

The move, which was prompted by staffing shortages, placed symptomatic residents, including some who had tested positive for the coronavirus, and asymptomatic residents in close proximity, "increasing the exposure of asymptomatic veterans to the virus," officials said.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I actually don’t have a problem with this but found it an interesting watch:

https://twitter.com/alexberenson/status/1309248947471425537?s=21
So, she's sitting with her family group...socially distant to anyone else...not wearing a mask...BFD you don't arrest someone for that, maybe a citation is written or a warning but a full blown arrest? Honestly that's kind of scary that they did that at a middle school game. IMHO, that would NOT happen in Oklahoma. Maybe there is more to the story? Weird and sad to make that kind of scene for both officer and person. If she was suppose to be kicked out for not wearing a mask...then maybe should have left? It's crazy when these "laws" are taken to this extreme...

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This would be a much bigger deal if the races involved were reversed.
Remember the one on the subway back in March / April? Also a big deal and the white officer fought with the black man and arrested him and removed him from the bus. I'm not for resisting arrest, but the face mask mandates shouldn't be taken to this kind of extreme that they were in this case of the one posted here. Doesn't matter what race it is extremism is extremism on mask mandates. Certainly people should comply with the law, but in these two instances I don't think use of force was the right way to handle it.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
So, she's sitting with her family group...socially distant to anyone else...not wearing a mask...BFD you don't arrest someone for that, maybe a citation is written or a warning but a full blown arrest? Honestly that's kind of scary that they did that at a middle school game. IMHO, that would NOT happen in Oklahoma. Maybe there is more to the story? Weird and sad to make that kind of scene for both officer and person. If she was suppose to be kicked out for not wearing a mask...then maybe should have left? It's crazy when these "laws" are taken to this extreme...
I thought I saw in the follow-up she was asked to leave after refusing to comply and that’s why she was arrested. She was given the option to leave and refused, then resisted arrest (link to article below).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/28/alecia-kitts-taser-mask-video-ohio/

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I thought I saw in the follow-up she was asked to leave after refusing to comply and that’s why she was arrested. She was given the option to leave and refused, then resisted arrest (link to article below).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/28/alecia-kitts-taser-mask-video-ohio/
IMHO she should never have been asked to leave, did she not state she had asthma and cannot wear one? IMHO police need to leave this one alone...woman sitting with her own family grouping very distant from any others...the people who called them should have been calmed down rather than this...that's IMHO only, I don't know the entire circumstance. Maybe she didn't tell the cop she has asthma or was otherwise an a-hole when approached. I would have just put the mask on if it was me, but it's sad we are even at the point where she would be asked to do that when she was in compliance in every other way...seemingly. Lots of ways around it for her though. Have the mask hanging from your ear and a drink with a straw in your mouth...be eating popcorn...lots of ways to not comply if you have asthma...too bad she would have had to sneak and lie to be in compliance. Btw, I also thought it was crazy and wrong that a man was forcibly removed from a bus for not wearing a mask by police five months ago in Philly.

I'm not judging the officer, but the policy that is causing unnecessary policing for very minor "infractions." It's the cop who pulls you over and cuffs you for eating a candy bar while driving. While you should NEVER resist arrest because you deserve what you get...limits should be set on how certain things are "policed." Do we really want a society of bullies and tattletales requiring a mask police to enforce their code of the moment?

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
IMHO she should never have been asked to leave, did she not state she had asthma and cannot wear one? IMHO police need to leave this one alone...woman sitting with her own family grouping very distant from any others...the people who called them should have been calmed down rather than this...that's IMHO only, I don't know the entire circumstance. Maybe she didn't tell the cop she has asthma or was otherwise an a-hole when approached. I would have just put the mask on if it was me, but it's sad we are even at the point where she would be asked to do that when she was in compliance in every other way...seemingly. Lots of ways around it for her though. Have the mask hanging from your ear and a drink with a straw in your mouth...be eating popcorn...lots of ways to not comply if you have asthma...too bad she would have had to sneak and lie to be in compliance. Btw, I also thought it was crazy and wrong that a man was forcibly removed from a bus for not wearing a mask by police five months ago in Philly.

I'm not judging the officer, but the policy that is causing unnecessary policing for very minor "infractions." It's the cop who pulls you over and cuffs you for eating a candy bar while driving. While you should NEVER resist arrest because you deserve what you get...limits should be set on how certain things are "policed." Do we really want a society of bullies and tattletales requiring a mask police to enforce their code of the moment?
She did say she had asthma. I agree it’s stupid. I agree with everything in your post. But I just don’t get the resisting arrest stuff.