Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
CDC says it erroneously posted guidance that said coronavirus spreads through air and travels beyond six feet

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday that it erroneously posted guidance that said the coronavirus spreads through airborne particles that can remain suspended in the air and travel beyond six feet.

“A draft version of proposed changes to these recommendations was posted in error to the agency’s official website,” the CDC said. “CDC is currently updating its recommendations regarding airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Once this process has been completed, the update language will be posted.”
And the truth trickles out. This is what I have been told privately by experts for awhile and why I’ve been told what I have been told about masks. (I’ll leave that to the imagination.)

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
And the truth trickles out. This is what I have been told privately by experts for awhile and why I’ve been told what I have been told about masks. (I’ll leave that to the imagination.)
I read it as it can travel by air, just not over 6'...so masks are still important...I wish to God they would figure out masks aren't necessary, cuz I'm sick of wearing them!

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I read it as it can travel by air, just not over 6'...so masks are still important...I wish to God they would figure out masks aren't necessary, cuz I'm sick of wearing them!
I think we are going to get a number of studies that come to a conclusion that will be surprising to many people. But it won’t happen until 2021. I know of two major studies on masks that were supposed to be released by now that are being delayed. And it’s not that masks don’t work. Some absolutely do but I’d be willing to bet they’re not the ones commonly seen in public.

Mar 11, 2006
200,000 dead

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1308384943727415296
Although the quote is accurate, not really in context to what he was saying. He clearly said it effects the elderly and others with conditions. He was talking specifically about young people. And what the clip doesn’t show he spoke about why school should be open after that clip.

Another reason why people don’t trust news.
It is absolutely fair to attack him on his virus response. But the media continues to do a horrible job explaining to the public that the virus is much different for certain segments of the population that others.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Although the quote is accurate, not really in context to what he was saying. He clearly said it effects the elderly and others with conditions. He was talking specifically about young people. And what the clip doesn’t show he spoke about why school should be open after that clip.

Another reason why people don’t trust news.
It is absolutely fair to attack him on his virus response. But the media continues to do a horrible job explaining to the public that the virus is much different for certain segments of the population that others.
Also, there’s a huge distinction between dying with the virus and dying of the virus. 200k plus will end up being laughable IMO.

Sep 12, 2008
Yeah, this doesn't say what you think it does. First two sentences, same authors responding to this kind of interpretation of their "perspective" paper, which for the uninitiated is basically just an opinion piece.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2020836
I didn't say it said anything... people in here just seem to post random stuff from the Internet trying to support some view without much thought to what it really says or means.