Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
One thing about this virus we can count on is that no matter what is decided and deemed determined it will be changed by humans with a political agenda. Those goal post are a moving target...it's tiresome, but I am choosing not to dwell on our lunacy anymore. God Speed to all, and may God bless you, your friends, and your families in this time.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
TOPLINE

The Centers for Disease Control quietly updated its guidance on Friday for coronavirus transmission—now saying that the virus can be transmitted via aerosols as well as larger droplets—and is the agency’s latest update for managing the virus, among earlier controversial reversals on the wearing of masks, who can get tested and the reopening of businesses.
KEY FACTS
The Washington Post reported that although the CDC updated its guidance to mention aerosols on Friday, it was not widely noticed until CNN reported on it Sunday.
Before Friday’s update, the CDC said large respiratory droplets (like from coughing or sneezing) at close range transmitted the virus, but now adds “small particles, such as those in aerosols” can infect people.
“There is growing evidence that droplets and airborne particles can remain suspended in the air and be breathed in by others, and travel distances beyond six feet,” the CDC now advises.
Poorly ventilated indoor spaces, like choir practices or fitness classes, can be particularly risky for virus transmission, the CDC’s guidance adds.
Scientists say the new CDC guidance is important because cloth masks aren’t designed to protect the wearer from aerosols.
The World Health Organization publicly addressed the threat of aerosols in July at the urging of hundreds of scientists, and according to the Post, it’s unclear why the CDC is following suit months later.
CRUCIAL QUOTE
“This is a good thing, if we can reduce transmission because more people understand how it is spreading and know what to do to stop it,” University of Boulder-Colorado chemistry professor Jose-Luis Jimenez told the Post.
CDC says it erroneously posted guidance that said coronavirus spreads through air and travels beyond six feet

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday that it erroneously posted guidance that said the coronavirus spreads through airborne particles that can remain suspended in the air and travel beyond six feet.

“A draft version of proposed changes to these recommendations was posted in error to the agency’s official website,” the CDC said. “CDC is currently updating its recommendations regarding airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Once this process has been completed, the update language will be posted.”

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
CDC says it erroneously posted guidance that said coronavirus spreads through air and travels beyond six feet

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday that it erroneously posted guidance that said the coronavirus spreads through airborne particles that can remain suspended in the air and travel beyond six feet.

“A draft version of proposed changes to these recommendations was posted in error to the agency’s official website,” the CDC said. “CDC is currently updating its recommendations regarding airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Once this process has been completed, the update language will be posted.”
What a cluster.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

And the truth trickles out. This is what I have been told privately by experts for awhile and why I’ve been told what I have been told about masks. (I’ll leave that to the imagination.)

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
And the truth trickles out. This is what I have been told privately by experts for awhile and why I’ve been told what I have been told about masks. (I’ll leave that to the imagination.)
I read it as it can travel by air, just not over 6'...so masks are still important...I wish to God they would figure out masks aren't necessary, cuz I'm sick of wearing them!

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I read it as it can travel by air, just not over 6'...so masks are still important...I wish to God they would figure out masks aren't necessary, cuz I'm sick of wearing them!
I think we are going to get a number of studies that come to a conclusion that will be surprising to many people. But it won’t happen until 2021. I know of two major studies on masks that were supposed to be released by now that are being delayed. And it’s not that masks don’t work. Some absolutely do but I’d be willing to bet they’re not the ones commonly seen in public.