Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Lets not get too excited about oklahoma's positive cases in the next few weeks. They are going back to march to add probable cases to positive cases. They will report them with the rest until they get caught up. We will not be in a new outbreak. Just adding anyone that had a cough or a runny nose since march.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Lets not get too excited about oklahoma's positive cases in the next few weeks. They are going back to march to add probable cases to positive cases. They will report them with the rest until they get caught up. We will not be in a new outbreak. Just adding anyone that had a cough or a runny nose since march.
they should create a new category for those....in fact all states should have a specific category for catch up reporting. We still do not have a national policy for consistent reporting and it just jacks the entire process and data up. I still do not understand why there isn't a national standard for reporting for COVID

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
they should create a new category for those....in fact all states should have a specific category for catch up reporting. We still do not have a national policy for consistent reporting and it just jacks the entire process and data up. I still do not understand why there isn't a national standard for reporting for COVID
Sorry to cockblock you before the event.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
C.D.C. Tells States How to Prepare for Covid-19 Vaccine by Early November

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has notified public health officials in all 50 states and five large cities to prepare to distribute a coronavirus vaccine to health care workers and other high-risk groups as soon as late October or early November.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/02/health/covid-19-vaccine-cdc-plans.html

Mar 11, 2006

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has notified public health officials in all 50 states and five large cities to prepare to distribute a coronavirus vaccine to health care workers and other high-risk groups as soon as late October or early November.

very interesting

My uncle told me Monday that his doctor called him and said he could put him on the list to get a vaccine in late October. I thought he was just pulling my chain, although he insisted he wasn’t. Maybe he was telling the truth.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
very interesting

My uncle told me Monday that his doctor called him and said he could put him on the list to get a vaccine in late October. I thought he was just pulling my chain, although he insisted he wasn’t. Maybe he was telling the truth.
This has been all over academic and medical Twitter and seems to be true. No guarantee that one will be rolled out then, but they're just preparing for that possibility in case it can happen through an EUA.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

This will be very interesting. I mean I work at a damned biotech company and I know literally no one that plans to voluntarily be in the first wave or two to get the vaccine. And none of them are anti-vaxxers.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Rx...you need to understand that false positives are a huge issue. Our health system has seen a much higher false positive rate in the last 60 days or so. As a result, we stopped testing asymptomatic patients except for screening for procedures performed under anesthesia. The reason the false positives are problematic is because the person has to quarantine for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result. And then those they were in close contact with are also quarantined. Ive already seen this impact company workforce, schools, etc. As a matter of fact my daughter is worried right now because one of her volleyball teammates who is always either injured or sick has been told she has to either quarantine for 14 days or go get a covid test and not return unless her test is negative. If positive, the whole team has to quarantine.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/when-its-safe.html
You can be around others after:

10 days since symptoms first appeared and
24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*
*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation

Most people do not require testing to decide when they can be around others; however, if your healthcare provider recommends testing, they will let you know when you can resume being around others based on your test results.

Note that these recommendations do not apply to persons with severe COVID-19 or with severely weakened immune systems (immunocompromised). These persons should follow the guidance below for “I was severely ill with COVID-19 or have a severely weakened immune system (immunocompromised) due to a health condition or medication. When can I be around others?”

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Channel 6 ran a story on this today, their perspective was completely different. Their spin took out all of the "politicizing" an just said "Trump signs order allowing new treatment to advance" then talked about the hope of what this treatment provides.
The NIH announced today that this treatment should not be used as a primary treatment for COVID
My understanding is it wasn't meant to be a primary treatment, but something only used in certain situations.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This used to be called "news" didn't it?
it became bigger news when the Head of the Dept of Health communications team (and former OAN reporter) who pressed this treatment and worked on Trump to expedite it by order was fired by the Trump Admin just 11 days into her new job last week with the DHS after it come to light she had been pushing miss truths about this treatment that Trump singed an order to advance. And now the NIH has said the treatment shouldn't be used as option 1 for COVID treatment.
I thought there were two distinct people one was the reporter turned information lady and then the person she worked for and that it was the person she worked for that was pushing the stuff.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And Kamala also said she wants to give 2k per person and 2k per dependent retroactive to March and to 3 months post pandemic.

Dem plans- Promise money and try to buy votes.
Promising money and buying votes from different people than Republicans. Not excusing it. It’s not ideal either way.

But the original point is having a plan for schools. It’s been a mess for administrators trying to figure this out without any guidance or assistance. I have relatives in school administrations who have stated this.
There were attempts to have plans in place though and things weren't working, had to be changed. Biden is just Monday morning quarterbacking (sorry, his team is because we know it's not him). There are teacher shortages in lots of school districts across the country. How do you make classes smaller and hire more teachers if there aren't any to hire? You can't just magically say you're hired and 10,000 teachers show up with certificates in hand. What class space? Is their money to build new classrooms in there as well?