Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
The payroll tax problem is that it doesn't help the unemployed people who actually need it.
Don't disagree however he did do the extra unemployment benefits too with his EO. He has limits to what he can do by EO. Congress needs to do their job to get those unemployed more benefits if that is there prerogative as a group. I tend to think an extra 400 a week unemployment is more than enough for those out of a job the rest of this year. It will probably be extended past that too if i had to guess, this virus will more than likely continue through next year as well.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Funny that China is the ONLY country reporting COVID on shipped goods. You would think of all the exporting they do and the fact they are ground 0 for COVID, they wouldn't be reporting these

I was going to post this story on the new New Zealand outbreak for another reason...they are considering delaying elections, however it also states they think the new outbreak could have started due to packaging.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...urce-of-new-coronavirus-cluster-idUSKCN25801P

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I was going to post this story on the new New Zealand outbreak for another reason...they are considering delaying elections, however it also states they think the new outbreak could have started due to packaging.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...urce-of-new-coronavirus-cluster-idUSKCN25801P
ahh..wow. they went 101 days without an case and now have 14 as of this morning. I figured it was from someone traveling in to the country that spread it. It will be CHAOS if they determine in came in through a package in a shipment

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Not a gotcha thing. You accused me of putting words in your mouth. I walked you back through your own words to show that wasn't the case. You literally said it would be easy to compare schools. As for the timeframe you supposedly didn't give, once I'm done typing this, I'm going to bang my head into a wall for having this conversation. Clearly there's no implication of time there. Maybe I mean two months from now after I've had time to analyze the data on its impact on my life. Again, I'm only pointing this out because you accused me of putting words in your mouth. It's an anonymous message board and I assume we mostly type this in haste.
I don’t type anything in haste. My posts are pretty few and far between compared to others that are making dozens of posts per day. I usually read and reread what I’m posting because I don’t want to be someone mindlessly throwing stuff out there. I try to put thought into what I’m posting.

I accused you of putting words in my mouth because you said I was predicting a fast time frame and nowhere in any of my posts did I do that. Literally you said this:

“You stated we'd know a lot more about the effectiveness of masks soon from schools starting soon.”

And I said nothing about knowing more soon. How that isn’t putting words in my mouth is beyond me. As for you walking me back, that kind of statement sure sounds like you’re playing a game of gotcha. I’m not trying to walk anyone back on anything. I simply want to have a fun back & forth conversation. I stand by everything I’ve posted. You thinking I’ve walked something back is merely me allowing for the fact I could be wrong. I don’t claim to be an expert on Covid. Nobody that posts here is anything close to an expert. There are a few that think they are but they have gotten so much wrong along the way that they look like absolute fools and proven themselves to be kooks. Giving your opinion and freely admitting you could be wrong is how you avoid going to kookville.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
ahh..wow. they went 101 days without an case and now have 14 as of this morning. I figured it was from someone traveling in to the country that spread it. It will be CHAOS if they determine in came in through a package in a shipment
Started with a family of 4, 3 of whom travelled or went to work while symptomatic, and they have identified 200 contacts to this point.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Started with a family of 4, 3 of whom travelled or went to work while symptomatic, and they have identified 200 contacts to this point.
It is amazing how fantastically quickly this damn thing spreads

For those wondering what the effects of the R0 looks like. This is IT. 3 people decided to travel or work and now 200 people are affected if not MORE

It is also a lesson in how important contact tracing is. What if those 200 contacts had never been made aware they were one of the 200

PanhandleCowboy

Point Guard
A/V Subscriber
Jun 22, 2006
Not Close Enough to Stillwater
Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It is comments like his that make people question what the hell is going on? Was he taken out of context? What does he mean by "ever"?
well deaths are trending in the wrong direction again on a daily rate. We have been just above 1000 deaths per day for the last several weeks. Yesterday it jumped to just over 1500 deaths yesterday.

1597330092380.png

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
For those wondering what is holding up the latest round of COVID talks. Dems want 25 Billion for the USPS to handle additional mail in ballots for COVID in the relief package. Trump will not give that funding because he says expanding mail in ballots will cause fraud.

It has NOTHING to do with the American people and helping them through this time. It is Dems and Republicans arguing over voting measures.

Dems and Republicans aren't worried about providing assistance to you or your family. They are worried about votes and nothing else

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
Damn India had 67,000 new cases yesterday and COVID making a comeback in Germany

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1293913265718702081
See...I read an article yesterday that said lock downs can help slow things down but there is really nothing that is going to contain this. It's just got to run its course...so the U.S. could potentially be ahead of the curve.