Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Can’t condone or minimize anyone getting threatened but one recommendation I would make is not throwing out a first pitch at a highly publicized mlb game. We all know kooks are out there on both sides of the fence. It’s probably better to downplay your celebrity and not purposely enhance it.
Victim shaming? C’mon.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Victim shaming? C’mon.
He's not shaming him for doing what he's done. Merely stating that any public figure, in politics especially, opens themselves up to potential crazy people coming after them or their families. Look at all the past presidents keeping their secret service forever after leaving office. He made himself a political figure whether he meant to or not.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
He's not shaming him for doing what he's done. Merely stating that any public figure, in politics especially, opens themselves up to potential crazy people coming after them or their families. Look at all the past presidents keeping their secret service forever after leaving office. He made himself a political figure whether he meant to or not.
You can only control your own actions and decisions. Not anybody else’s. I understand Fauci having concerns about the negatives of fame & politics and how that makes you a target. But at the same time he’s indulging in the positives of fame and feeding the monster. It’s just not the choice I would make if I had the fears he’s talking about. And those fears should be very real for him because we are talking about people who’ve lost loved ones, businesses, jobs, etcetera. I think that gets lost in all of this as so many people focus on Trump. But there’s some legitimately down, desperate, and angry people out there that could not care less about Trump or Biden. And those are the scary people.