Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
@RxCowboy Chief Sofa Stuffer. We flattened the curve!

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/1288633962370342912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1288633962370342912%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecondnexus.com%2Flaura-ingraham-texas-virus-cases
Da Fuq? is she looking at the huge penis like mountain? that aint good. it looks to be trending down - but still - da fuq?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Great Knowledge.

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.
When Trump declared that HCQ could be a "game changer" the French study he was talking about had not yet been peer-reviewed.

Sometimes all we have to guide clinical practice is all we have to guide clinical practice. Declaring that something should or should not be used out of hand is to misunderstand the nature of the literature. There are times when we appropriately base clinical decisions on anecdotes because anecdotes are all we have.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
When Trump declared that HCQ could be a "game changer" the French study he was talking about had not yet been peer-reviewed.

Sometimes all we have to guide clinical practice is all we have to guide clinical practice. Declaring that something should or should not be used out of hand is to misunderstand the nature of the literature. There are times when we appropriately base clinical decisions on anecdotes because anecdotes are all we have.
Like I said you are looking at one point of view and creating the reality you want to see while discarding information that doesn't fit your narrative. I look at stuff you post look at numbers look t other information and make decisions about how to live my life.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Like I said you are looking at one point of view and creating the reality you want to see while discarding information that doesn't fit your narrative. I look at stuff you post look at numbers look t other information and make decisions about how to live my life.
What information did I just discard? "Discard" is "throwing away". You said that pre-peer-reviewed data couldn't be used. That's discarding. I said that isn't true, there are certainly situations where it's all we have to go on. That isn't discarding.

You discarded the pre-peer-reviewed data because it didn't fit your narrative. Sofa stuffing.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
What information did I just discard? "Discard" is "throwing away". You said that pre-peer-reviewed data couldn't be used. That's discarding. I said that isn't true, there are certainly situations where it's all we have to go on. That isn't discarding.

You discarded the pre-peer-reviewed data because it didn't fit your narrative. Sofa stuffing.
I didn't say that. Loving my new rent free space.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I don’t agree with some of Scott Adams’ political takes, but he makes me think. Has anyone seen what he’s asking for?

https://twitter.com/scottadamssays/status/1288806385270976514?s=21
I'm sure some have. The real question is, is it lowering the percentage of people dying. Front line doctors seem to think it's helping. If I were to get Covid I'd be willing to give it a try.

The other option front line doctors are saying is helping is inhaled steroids. Once again it's key to start it before your on deaths door.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I didn't say that. Loving my new rent free space.
You didn't say what you just said:
Great Knowledge.

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.
Again, I say sometimes it has to be because that's all we have. In particular, during this pandemic with a brand new disease there has been a LOT of pre-peer-reviewed publication of research, including research that set off the HCQ firestorm, the same HCQ which you're so fond of.

HCQ and azithro.jpg

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I don’t agree with some of Scott Adams’ political takes, but he makes me think. Has anyone seen what he’s asking for?

https://twitter.com/scottadamssays/status/1288806385270976514?s=21
Hydroxychloroquine with or without Azithromycin in Mild-to-Moderate Covid-19

July 23, 2020
DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa2019014
1596238156669.png

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Hydroxychloroquine with or without Azithromycin in Mild-to-Moderate Covid-19

July 23, 2020
DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa2019014
View attachment 84366
He’s asking for the combo of all 3 HCQ, Azithro, and Zinc. He’s making a point that people can’t find proof of someone dying from COVID when they were treated early with all 3. But he has hedged himself by stating he isn’t convinced HCQ or the combo work against COVID.