Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Low back supplies huh....Masks expired 3 years from the date of manufacture and Latex gloves expire 4 years from the date of Manufacture.

So it is Obama and Bush's fault that Trump didn't have a large stockpile of expired equipment to send out.
Certainly it was partially just as it was Trumps partially. If you want to blame someone why not blame the country (the CCP specifically) that started the damn thing and likely made it in a lab that is funded by some in the USA? Honestly, we would never have had to deal with this if it wasn't for China. But everyone wants to blame Orange Man Bad for something that China could have contained and didn't...that's just crazy.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
It hasn't been "demonized". I can't imagine anyone who would object to taking the drug if THEIR DOCTOR prescribed it to them for COVID. The problem rational folks have is with Trump touting it on a whim to millions of people with no qualifications to do so.
Yeah, sorry. Meant that in more of a general sense, not specifically about this. Should have made that more clear.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
It hasn't been "demonized". I can't imagine anyone who would object to taking the drug if THEIR DOCTOR prescribed it to them for COVID. The problem rational folks have is with Trump touting it on a whim to millions of people with no qualifications to do so.
I don't have a problem with Trump saying what he originally did. The reaction, however, on both sides has been completely, absolutely, and totally unhinged. It has been demonized, and sainted, and anti-sainted, and anti-demonized, and anti-anti-demonized... I mean, for goodness sakes, a company just flat out made up data to make it look bad. Then we have studies like this Yale guy's study cherry-picking data to make it look good. Beats all.

PF5

Wrangler
Jan 3, 2014
It’s really no ones fault when something that can’t be predicted happens. For instance, the Obama admin was told to replenish supplies but due to budgetary decisions spent it elsewhere. Who’s to say that was wrong? Past admins could have been better as could the current one. It’s like people arguing over Clinton vs Bush, whose fault was 911? It was stupid then and it’s stupid now. But people are emotional about Trump and will do it anyways. Such is life.
People are indeed emotional...both sides...all sides...

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I don't have a problem with Trump saying what he originally did. The reaction, however, on both sides has been completely, absolutely, and totally unhinged. It has been demonized, and sainted, and anti-sainted, and anti-demonized, and anti-anti-demonized... I mean, for goodness sakes, a company just flat out made up data to make it look bad. Then we have studies like this Yale guy's study cherry-picking data to make it look good. Beats all.
And people are drinking damn fish tank cleaner because it has some of it in it OR taking it outright incorrectly and killing or almost killing themselves and sates and other countries are buying it up by the millions of doses

Meanwhile the price has been pushed up too expensive and there are now shortages of the meds in Africa where it was developed to be used to fight Malaria

This isn't just an emotional response. It became a global actionable response to Trump's comments that has caused issue the globe over

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
And people are drinking damn fish tank cleaner because it has some of it in it OR taking it outright incorrectly and killing or almost killing themselves and sates and other countries are buying it up by the millions of doses

Meanwhile the price has been pushed up too expensive and there are now shortages of the meds in Africa where it was developed to be used to fight Malaria

This isn't just an emotional response. It became a global actionable response to Trump's comments that has caused issue the globe over
LMAO. Fish tank cleaner. Blaming Trump for that. Man, it’s time to put away the PC my friend. Find a hobby.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
LMAO. Fish tank cleaner. Blaming Trump for that. Man, it’s time to put away the PC my friend. Find a hobby.
He didn't blame Trump for that, he said it was in response to Trump's comments, and he's right. There is absolutely nothing "PC" in his post.

Would the people have taken the fish tank amoebicide (chloroquine) if Trump had not said anything about HCQ?

Nov 6, 2010
The reaction is stupid because both sides are doing whatever they can to try and prove Trump "right or wrong", and that was never the issue. The issue is an unlicensed person prescribing medication. And yes, I know that's not exactly what Trump was doing, but that is what it amounts to.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
The reaction is stupid because both sides are doing whatever they can to try and prove Trump "right or wrong", and that was never the issue. The issue is an unlicensed person prescribing medication. And yes, I know that's not exactly what Trump was doing, but that is what it amounts to.
No, it isn't what it amounts to. It is still a prescription medication and still requires a licensed prescriber. Remember, you're talking to a pharmacist here. If I had thought he was doing anything inappropriate medication-wise I'd be all over him about it.There was, at the time, reason to believe it might work. Now we pretty much know it doesn't. But the reaction on all sides, because Trump said something about it, like you saying he was prescribing, has just been insane.

Nov 6, 2010
No, it isn't what it amounts to. It is still a prescription medication and still requires a licensed prescriber. Remember, you're talking to a pharmacist here. If I had thought he was doing anything inappropriate medication-wise I'd be all over him about it.There was, at the time, reason to believe it might work. Now we pretty much know it doesn't. But the reaction on all sides, because Trump said something about it, like you saying he was prescribing, has just been insane.
So, as a pharmacist, I bet you have an opinion on the incessant adds for prescription medications ran on all major TV networks. Is that a good or a bad thing?

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Comparing this to H1N1 is beyond laughable. Your derangement thanks to Trump has done a number on you. I will leave you to it.
Can't refute it so you gotta start deflecting I see.
I rofl at the comparison with this and h1n1. This is a once in a hundred years pandemic. Wont see anything like it for another hopefully and by then modern medicine will have advanced enough where only a fraction of the population die from it that will from this one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
So, as a pharmacist, I bet you have an opinion on the incessant adds for prescription medications ran on all major TV networks. Is that a good or a bad thing?
There is no data showing direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription medications does anything other than increase costs. It should be banned. In fact, banned all advertising of prescription medications, period.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I rofl at the comparison with this and h1n1. This is a once in a hundred years pandemic. Wont see anything like it for another hopefully and by then modern medicine will have advanced enough where only a fraction of the population die from it that will from this one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
If we had not had a vaccine, H1N1 would have been a once in a hundred year epidemic. It almost was anyway, because the vaccine took time to produce and was in short supply at the outset.

It's funny, though, how this has gone from "it's bad flu, open everything up now! Don't wear masks because muh rights!" to "this is the worst pandemic since the Black Death! Nothing Trump could have done!"