Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
My little ones boyfriend just tested positive at the quick result center in Ardmore. He had a negative test earlier today at the Chickasaw Nation Clinic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL I just learned my company is no longer accepting Rapid test results to return to work due to several instances where they have been incorrect and people have returned to work while positive.

Nov 18, 2011
Since the numbers and reporting are already sketchy, one way or the other, can we just go ahead and report 300 mil in confirmed cases. That way we can start the downward trend. I’m mean, it’s pretty obvious that if you haven’t already had it and you or someone in your household plans on going out in public in the next 6 months you are going to get it.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Since the numbers and reporting are already sketchy, one way or the other, can we just go ahead and report 300 mil in confirmed cases. That way we can start the downward trend. I’m mean, it’s pretty obvious that if you haven’t already had it and you or someone in your household plans on going out in public in the next 6 months you are going to get it.
I remember driving in to work one morning, early on in this whole deal, & hearing them say they project that half of California residents would get it. I thought 'Half? No way!"

My sister and I had a conversation about masks in schools last night. Her daughters school is not requiring them so according to her it does no good for her daughters to wear them if the other kids are not. She bought into the guilt shaming of we all wear masks to keep from spreading it but it does nothing to keep from getting it. When I asked the question why do people wear dust masks in dusty situations her only response was “you obviously haven’t listened to the doctors.”

Oct 7, 2008
It’s snowballing at Plainview (Ardmore). Around 8 high school kids have it. All being confirmed today. Ugh.

This is what I don't understand. People are pushing for schools to open, but a week or two after schools open you're going to have students and teachers testing positive. Then what's the plan? Shut everything down for two weeks and repeat ad nauseam?

Mar 11, 2006
This is what I don't understand. People are pushing for schools to open, but a week or two after schools open you're going to have students and teachers testing positive. Then what's the plan? Shut everything down for two weeks and repeat ad nauseam?
At my school: Teachers not feeling well, or have Covid, can either work remotely and help with virtual classes. Or, if symptoms are worse, take the additional days provided by the district for sick days. They do not return until testing negative.

Students stay home whenever they have a fever, regardless if due to virus, and do learning remotely. If Covid, they stay home learning remotely until testing negative.

Both teachers and students are not supposed to attend school if they have a fever.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
While I do think it’d be best to have kids go virtual, the financial impact to families, impact to businesses with working parents forced to stay home and the setback to kids learning is going to be substantial. Not to mention the possibility of kids going without meals, increases of child abuse, etc. which can stem from kids not going to school.

Darth Ryno

Banned
Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
It’s snowballing at Plainview (Ardmore). Around 8 high school kids have it. All being confirmed today. Ugh.

Who knows. What’s going to happen to parents who have kids in elementary or early middle school that can’t really stay home alone? Stop working?

It’s a mess.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Well after the first full day of the new law, I have come to a realization. I touch my face MUCH more with a mask than I did without. Constantly adjusting, fiddling and moving the damn thing. So this law makes it more likely for me to catch the super flu, but maybe less likely to pass it on once I do. Sounds about right.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Well after the first full day of the new law, I have come to a realization. I touch my face MUCH more with a mask than I did without. Constantly adjusting, fiddling and moving the damn thing. So this law makes it more likely for me to catch the super flu, but maybe less likely to pass it on once I do. Sounds about right.
If it's your first day wearing a mask most of the day or around town, you get used to it. There are also a ton of styles for decent masks and you can find one that doesn't bother with you. For example, I figured out pretty quickly I personally prefer the ones that tie in the back because my ears are a little uneven (makes the ear loop masks sit crooked). Fortunately, most cloth masks are pretty cheap and you can try a few styles so that it bothers you less.