Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
what pisses me off about my school district. If kids want to participate in sports, band, cheer, etc they MUST take the in person school option and are not allowed to take online option. And my school district isn't going to require mask or social distancing (will encourage) and will make them optional for all kids and adults.

My kids are damn near adults and they do extra curricular so we let them decide and they decided to go to in person school and wear masks and take their chances because they want to participate in extra curricular...but i KNOW of several students who are in situations where they are immunocompromised who are going to have to give up their Jr Or Sr year of extra curricular because they will have to take online learning

They start 2 a day practice and all day Saturday practice week after next
I am not following your logic. Many 6A districts have announced three options for students: 1) regular in-person classes; 2) Blended (virtual and at least one in-person; 3) all virtual. Students picking option one or two can do school-sponsored extracurricular activities.

If someone is willing to play sports then I don’t see how that would be an issue of attending one class to be eligible to participate. I would assume odds of getting the virus are much higher player basketball or football than sitting in an Algebra class. If you are willing to take odds of getting virus for sports you should not object to school classes.

What point am I missing that you are saying?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Insanely stupid EU says basically LYING China can come if they reciprocate but the US cannot. Their numbers are a SHAM on the low side and ours are overblown. Both should be restricted or NONE. Is this another hug a Chinese day like cities in Italy were having right before they got hammered? I'm so glad that the UK left the EU instead of letting them dictate their domestic policy. Either they treat us equally or we should pull out their multi billion dollar protection and leave them to themselves. Btw, we should lift our ban on them as well and maybe that's part of the rub.

Last edited:

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
No, having a sack says you have the parade with social distancing and mask wearing...mask wearing reduces the spread big time as does social distancing. You only allow every other seat in the grand stands and only parking for people who reserve in advance. Mostly it's a tv event anyway so you could even do it without people watching. They just wanted to signal virtue in advance, IMHO...while continuing to kill travel and their local economy. Seems premature...that all, and it's just my opinion.
Wow.

You really think the response of a parade should be to 'sack up'? I just want you to repeat that sentence out loud and see if it sounds as insane to you when you're hearing it as opposed to typing it. We've come to a point where people are upset at the inner workings of a parade. A parade. Thank goodness others pointed out the logistics of this are complicated in the best of times so I don't have to. Did you think it was some cabal of communist transgenders sitting around in robes chanting 'death to capitalism' as they decided to cancel? I am legit curious as to your mindset that would cause this kind of response to a PARADE. And for effect, read this in Allen Iverson's 'practice' rant voice.

Just... damn, dude, relax.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I am not following your logic. Many 6A districts have announced three options for students: 1) regular in-person classes; 2) Blended (virtual and at least one in-person; 3) all virtual. Students picking option one or two can do school-sponsored extracurricular activities.

If someone is willing to play sports then I don’t see how that would be an issue of attending one class to be eligible to participate. I would assume odds of getting the virus are much higher player basketball or football than sitting in an Algebra class. If you are willing to take odds of getting virus for sports you should not object to school classes.

What point am I missing that you are saying?
our school district only has 2 options. in class or virtual. No blended option. So if you want to participate in our school district you must accept full time school risk without a blended option. Also in this in person school they will NOT require any mask or social distancing and will NOT be checking any temps.

We know this virus spreads indoors MUCH easier than it does outside. So our option is to assume ALL risk with in person or do not participate. I know it is very small risk aversion to offering a blended option, but it is STILL a risk aversion. We do not have that option.

I don't mind my kids taking the risk to participate but at least give me an option to avert SOME of the risk with a blended option especially when you are not going to require the CDC recommended risk aversion tactics while they are at in person classes.

Oct 7, 2008
I'm encouraged by the results they're having with therapeutics now.

As far as spring football, you hear some within college sports say no way can the football season compete with March Madness, but I think it's safe to say that all bets are off right now. Spring football means alot of stars sitting out.
I believe I am capable of watching spring football and March Madness at the same time, and I welcome the chance to prove it.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Wow.

You really think the response of a parade should be to 'sack up'? I just want you to repeat that sentence out loud and see if it sounds as insane to you when you're hearing it as opposed to typing it. We've come to a point where people are upset at the inner workings of a parade. A parade. Thank goodness others pointed out the logistics of this are complicated in the best of times so I don't have to. Did you think it was some cabal of communist transgenders sitting around in robes chanting 'death to capitalism' as they decided to cancel? I am legit curious as to your mindset that would cause this kind of response to a PARADE. And for effect, read this in Allen Iverson's 'practice' rant voice.

Just... damn, dude, relax.
Nope, I'm a freaking MERICAN! So, sack the freak up!...grow a pair!...put in place some strict rules and live your freaking life!!! ;):thumbup::thumbup: Yep, rants are good when these things start happening, otherwise people take advantage of situations for all types of events. When is the last time the parade didn't happen? 1943, 44, and 45...I would say we aren't in that same position despite many people wanting to act like we are.

Things like the parade are just the tip of the iceberg to cancel football and all things holy in this land of the free and the home of the brave! A virus that will most likely kill less than 1% who are infected by it isn't something that should shut down an entire society...I firmly believe that.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't be cautious and live by new rules until it's under better control and we are through a surge...I just believe we can go on with our lives and even our events with strict policies in place....

1. Have attendees and participants sign waivers
2. Require mask wearing when in ANY location along the route or within 6 feet of any other person.
3. Space grandstands to social distancing standards.
4. Provide temp checkers prior to entry and deny entry to anyone who doesn't meet that checks.

This isn't hard, they are doing it at freaking Disney World in the middle of a surge...just put things in place to protect your patrons and then you have normal events and go on with life...

Btw, when we over relax we get taken advantage of...make your voice known...don't "relax" or football is next.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I wonder how long this will last when the parties return to campus and the local hot spots are hopping
https://twitter.com/cfitzfox/status/1283787206390435843
I don't mind them closing "local hot spots" unless they wear mask and social distance. You want football, players and teams and fans all have to do this right.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yeah I already posted all of this information. I guess she conveniently left out out the 42% decrease in cases compared to yesterday or the 729 recovered which left us with a reduction in overall Covid-19 cases for the day.
she also has a different positive rate for testing. She said she only uses unique testing numbers only and does not include anyone who is being retested..not sure how she gets that info

Also the hospitalization charts are eye opening

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
she also has a different positive rate for testing. She said she only uses unique testing numbers only and does not include anyone who is being retested..not sure how she gets that info

Also the hospitalization charts are eye opening
Both calculations are from the State Health Department website. She gets hers straight from the Executive Report and I have been calculating mine from the News page (positive tests/total cumulative number of specimens to date). The news numbers were more timely which is why I started using them and the Executive Report is always a day behind. Funny enough, the Executive Report states the the total counts MAY NOT reflect unique individuals which is the opposite of what she is saying.

Executive Report
1594925387244.png

News
1594925427016.png

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Nope, I'm a freaking MERICAN! So, sack the freak up!...grow a pair!...put in place some strict rules and live your freaking life!!! ;):thumbup::thumbup: Yep, rants are good when these things start happening, otherwise people take advantage of situations for all types of events. When is the last time the parade didn't happen? 1943, 44, and 45...I would say we aren't in that same position despite many people wanting to act like we are.

Things like the parade are just the tip of the iceberg to cancel football and all things holy in this land of the free and the home of the brave! A virus that will most likely kill less than 1% who are infected by it isn't something that should shut down an entire society...I firmly believe that.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't be cautious and live by new rules until it's under better control and we are through a surge...I just believe we can go on with our lives and even our events with strict policies in place....

1. Have attendees and participants sign waivers
2. Require mask wearing when in ANY location along the route or within 6 feet of any other person.
3. Space grandstands to social distancing standards.
4. Provide temp checkers prior to entry and deny entry to anyone who doesn't meet that checks.

This isn't hard, they are doing it at freaking Disney World in the middle of a surge...just put things in place to protect your patrons and then you have normal events and go on with life...

Btw, when we over relax we get taken advantage of...make your voice known...don't "relax" or football is next.
:lol::lol:

Ok, now I seriously want to hear your thoughts on what groups are taking advantage of us by not having a new years day parade. Please, be specific, and it has to relate to the parade itself. I didn't bring up football, I didn't bring up schools or any other event. You were mad about the parade being cancelled, so please share.