Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
This thing follows a weekly pattern. Monday is always under reported and Tuesday is the big day.
Weekends USED to not be reported at all and Monday was the big day. You can see the patterns here. I wonder if a lot of Monday is used to plan the rest of the week at the test lab and then they really start ramping up that weeks testing plan on Tuesdays

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Stitt announces that 2 of the top officials in his cabinet that were responsible for Oklahoma's COVID-19 response have resigned

They were
Secretary of Health and Mental Health Jerome Loughridge and Doctor Kayse Shrum who was the Secretary of Science and Innovation are stepping down.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Finally the media sharing a bit of positive news. Personally I feel that deaths and hospitalizations on the decline is a much bigger story than the increase in cases.
It's a lagging indicator; that's why it's not published as much. It's like counting the game your currently playing as a win in your season record at halftime.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1278045141752852483
I noticed the news articles have gone from scathingly negative to alarmist neutral once California joined the conservative states of Florida, Texas, and Arizona. Suddenly it's not a republican problem, so make sure to not discuss failures of leadership anymore. Can't have the most liberal state in the country mixed in with that mess.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
This program was paid for by the US Govt to fly PPE gear in to the US. The US paid for 249 flights of PPE gear into the US from other countries with FEMA paying $750,000 to $800,000 per flight. The last flight will land today.

50% of the PPE was distributed directly to Hot spot areas

What bothers me in this though is that the other 50% was given to US suppliers to back fill their orders and sell the remaining back to US TAX PAYERS!