Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I'm just looking at the numbers. The media won't give you the full picture. Cases are rising, but so are the recovered. Meanwhile deaths and severity seem to be decreasing.

I believe it's due to more testing. This allows many more people the opportunity to get tested with less sever symptoms which wouldn't have been able to a month or two ago. There has always been many, many more cases than reported, but now the data is presenting itself. The younger, healthier people who are contracting it recover quicker. Overall, more cases doesn't always mean gloom and doom like is being portrayed in the media.
If you believe it is due to more testing do you have stats to show the increase in tests for oklahoma? You can show us your theory if so.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
i’m sure your background lends you much more experience and expertise on this topic.
So, let me get this straight, you don't think an increase in testing results in an increase of positives?
Months ago one could only get a test if one was very sick and had three symptoms...now you can get one if you are an athletes at Oklahoma State for crying out loud OR pretty much anyone...this means more asymptomatic people test positive (I.e. more KNOWN positive cases due to increased testing).This isn't rocket science. Honestly if someone in the states medical profession says that our increase in testing has NOTHING to do with our increases in positives then that person needs to look for a new job...because they are either dishonest, or a moron.

None of what I just said means we shouldn't be careful and wear mask in public places where we are within 6 feet of one another.
Case in point, the drive thru testing programs the health departments are doing across the state, including the one just over a week ago here in Stillwater. When you have to sit in your car for an hour to get tested when you had an appointment, then there were tons of people getting tested.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Case in point, the drive thru testing programs the health departments are doing across the state, including the one just over a week ago here in Stillwater. When you have to sit in your car for an hour to get tested when you had an appointment, then there were tons of people getting tested.

Do you have the data to correlate it or just stories?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Do you have the data to correlate it or just stories?
You are going to tell me there hasn't been a dramatic increase in testing since they are now doing them for 'free' for anyone that wants to sign up?

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
You are going to tell me there hasn't been a dramatic increase in testing since they are now doing them for 'free' for anyone that wants to sign up?

I’m not telling you anything. Just because they are now free in some areas doesn’t mean there is an increase in tests automatically. What if some areas ran out of tests prior. I’m asking do you have any data to support your theory ?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

The number of tests peaked on May 24 and has been relatively flat since. If we could take the 7-day rolling average it would be about 7000 tests per day. IOW, there hasn't been a huge spike of people getting tested just because they want to and they can. I'd be willing to wager that the most common reason people get tested is still because they have symptoms or because they've been in contact with someone who has symptoms or his positive.
1593518995262.png