Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
i’m sure your background lends you much more experience and expertise on this topic.
So, let me get this straight, you don't think an increase in testing results in an increase of positives?
Months ago one could only get a test if one was very sick and had three symptoms...now you can get one if you are an athletes at Oklahoma State for crying out loud OR pretty much anyone...this means more asymptomatic people test positive (I.e. more KNOWN positive cases due to increased testing).This isn't rocket science. Honestly if someone in the states medical profession says that our increase in testing has NOTHING to do with our increases in positives then that person needs to look for a new job...because they are either dishonest, or a moron.

None of what I just said means we shouldn't be careful and wear mask in public places where we are within 6 feet of one another.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
What's he wrong about?
I don’t think it’s related to testing at all, I think we’re seeing more community spread of this virus,” Bratzler. “This is exponential growth now.”
The underlined and bolded text is moronic...completely and totally wrong. The rest of his statement my be correct, but to assume it isn't related to testing is wrong. We have drastically increased testing to cover people with very few to no symptoms this is why we now know people have coivd and in the past we didn't because they weren't testing anyone except the VERY sick.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
So, let me get this straight, you don't think an increase in testing results in an increase of positives?
Months ago one could only get a test if one was very sick and had three symptoms...now you can get one if you are an athletes at Oklahoma State for crying out loud OR pretty much anyone...this means more asymptomatic people test positive (I.e. more KNOWN positive cases due to increased testing).This isn't rocket science. Honestly if someone in the states medical profession says that our increase in testing has NOTHING to do with our increases in positives then that person needs to look for a new job...because they are either dishonest, or a moron.

None of what I just said means we shouldn't be careful and wear mask in public places where we are within 6 feet of one another.
This chart is showing a steady increase in tests, but a decrease in positive test percentages.
1593459343900.png

https://covidtracking.com/

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
When did clay travis become a global health expert? Some people among us will listen to anybody that has a point of view that agrees with them.
I'm just looking at the numbers. The media won't give you the full picture. Cases are rising, but so are the recovered. Meanwhile deaths and severity seem to be decreasing.

I believe it's due to more testing. This allows many more people the opportunity to get tested with less sever symptoms which wouldn't have been able to a month or two ago. There has always been many, many more cases than reported, but now the data is presenting itself. The younger, healthier people who are contracting it recover quicker. Overall, more cases doesn't always mean gloom and doom like is being portrayed in the media.

Last edited:

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
this is for the entire US. This person was speaking specifically about Oklahoma

Florida officials have said the same thing that positive cases are far outpacing testing increases in their state as well
I know. Unfortunately the testing data for Oklahoma isn't as readily available. As you can see from the daily updates, Oklahoma's positive percentage has increased. If we keep the hospitalizations down, I think we're in good shape.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This chart is showing a steady increase in tests, but a decrease in positive test percentages.
View attachment 82508
https://covidtracking.com/
Thanks for posting this chart...I've been looking for this baby for a while now and it seems to have disappeared from the John Hopkins site that originally started tracking it...not sure why it's gone there. Maybe because it clearly shows a decrease in positives per test as testing increases....IT also shows that we are testing the crap out of it in the USA...now highest even per capita in testing in the world...But the one you posted doesn't go up to date. Does anyone know when/why they stopped doing this specific graph? I can't find the current one.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I know. Unfortunately the testing data for Oklahoma isn't as readily available. As you can see from the daily updates, Oklahoma's positive percentage has increased. If we keep the hospitalizations down, I think we're in good shape.
Actually in the past few days percentage positives have gone down again...or at least number of positives have gone down since a high-point midweek last week.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I don’t think it’s related to testing at all, I think we’re seeing more community spread of this virus,” Bratzler. “This is exponential growth now.”
The underlined and bolded text is moronic...completely and totally wrong. The rest of his statement my be correct, but to assume it isn't related to testing is wrong. We have drastically increased testing to cover people with very few to no symptoms this is why we now know people have coivd and in the past we didn't because they weren't testing anyone except the VERY sick.
He's talking about Oklahoma. And the positive % definitely did go up. And he said "I think". He wasn't stating a fact.

Not sure why you are so fired up about this one guy who's obviously trying to help out.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The more we test the more cases we find.
The more cases we find the lower the death rate becomes.
The lower the death rate becomes the more comfort society gets with the virus.
More testing = Quicker opening...IF...free from political biases AND too much comfort (i.e. not wearing a mask and social distancing) too quickly.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
He's talking about Oklahoma. And the positive % definitely did go up. And he said "I think". He wasn't stating a fact.

Not sure why you are so fired up about this one guy who's obviously trying to help out.
Because it's NOT exponential growth...it's growth...and it is related to testing...he's fear mongering. NOW, IF he gets more Oklahoman's to wear mask at mass gatherings, then good for him. I got fired up about the poster more than the doctor.

Btw, percentage positive, if we believe the new numbers, has likely gone down in Oklahoma since the high point in daily new cases ("mostly" due to increased testing) last week. NOT up. Certainly that could change tomorrow.

Last edited: