Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Active cases in Stillwater dropped to 131 from 180 a week or so ago. I finally noticed the footnote about how they calculate recoveries in Oklahoma. 14 days after the onset of symptoms or reporting if not deceased or in the hospital. So as younger asymptomatic people get reported, they stay in the numbers for two weeks, even if they test negative a week later.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Rudy Gobert who plays for the Utah Jazz and was the first NBA player who tested positive for COVID that fate filled night in OKC right before tipoff has told reporters he still has not fully recovered from the virus. He said his sense of smell still hasn't returned and doctors told him it may take up to 1 year for him to fully recover

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Get outta here with all your context, & whatnot!
A little more context from today's reported numbers

Dr. Dale Bratzler, the chief COVID officer for the University of Oklahoma said the recent increase in cases can’t be attributed to testing. In recent weeks, the number of tests performed have slightly increased, but are still significantly larger than amounts from April.
“I don’t think it’s related to testing at all, I think we’re seeing more community spread of this virus,” Bratzler. “This is exponential growth now.”

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Dr. Dale Bratzler, the chief COVID officer for the University of Oklahoma said the recent increase in cases can’t be attributed to testing. In recent weeks, the number of tests performed have slightly increased, but are still significantly larger than amounts from April.
“I don’t think it’s related to testing at all, I think we’re seeing more community spread of this virus,” Bratzler. “This is exponential growth now.”
Did she talk about the plummeting death rate?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Of course increased testing is a contributing factor in increased virus positives. IF you are indeed quoting his full statement, he’s wrong.