Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Number of positives as a percentage of tests: 3.8375%
Interesting. The decline in positive tests leads me to believe that the additional testing is the reason for the increase in cases. Typically you had to be pretty sick to get tested. Now anyone, regardless of symptoms, can get tested at these drive-thru sites.

Does anyone have daily information on tests administered?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
These massive increases in testing...are resulting in massive increases in cases...hospitalization increases are concerning...but death numbers are hopefully going to continue to go down per 100K cases. That is the hope of massive increases in testing. We show that many more people are contracting the virus, and likely have been, but we couldn't test to determine it...now we are finding every case that someone has the sniffles and a fever. I know about 24 people personally (friends) who have tested positive in Tulsa and are either completely recovered or recovering...most are in their early 50's and some are their teen kids (whom they got it from more than likely due to youth being youth). Be aware and careful...wear a mask, social distance, don't attend mass events like concerts, protests, and rallies, or lake parties no matter how hot the babe in the bikini is...These things are fun but they are where no social distancing is occurring...Please use common sense is all we ask... yet our youth are mind numbed by politics on both sides and pay no attention to common sense because it's hard to figure out what to believe from the press on all sides...Can we travel safely? Yes! but do it socially distant...Can we go out to eat? Yes! but make sure it's a restaurant where the servers wear mask and they take thing seriously in terms of tables spread and guest safety. Can I go to Church? Yes! but make sure they are doing it in a socially distant fashion and are good about wearing mask...otherwise it's a spreader (seen it in person). Bottom line, lets keep our ability to go out and about by not being idiots...and HOPE beyond hope that the already idiotic things like Protest, Rallies, Lake parties and non-socially distant services at church, don't end up ruining our progress.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Interesting. The decline in positive tests leads me to believe that the additional testing is the reason for the increase in cases. Typically you had to be pretty sick to get tested. Now anyone, regardless of symptoms, can get tested at these drive-thru sites.

the Oklahoma Dept of Health sends out a daily email. I wish I could find a source for historical info, but haven't so far.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Number of positives as a percentage of tests: 3.8375%
Is that nationally? We were up to nearly 7% here in Oklahoma the other day...OR are we back down. We want to be under 5% and we were for a long time and then we went above. If you want to do really in-depth research go look at the John Hopkins site that covers testing all over the country and shows total daily test and percentage positives. These ARE going up over the past few weeks and they were totally down prior to re-opening...we can't go willy nilly or we will lose our ability to do what we all enjoy...eating out, socially distant travel, attending worship in a responsible way...Honestly this should NOT be political. We should all want the same things here...keep our economy rolling and be responsible and keep our loved ones safe. Not rocket surgery.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
the Oklahoma Dept of Health sends out a daily email. I wish I could find a source for historical info, but haven't so far.
John Hopkins site...shows each and all states, percentages up and down, and daily testing total numbers per state and nationally and all that jaz...excellent NON BIASED totally Data driven scientific site. We have been doing over 500K test daily nationally for three or so weeks now. Check it out...it's both good and bad news when we look at it and use our noggin. More test is good, but it does equate to more cases found, but it also should equate to a better understanding of the virus and it's death rate dropping considerably. That paired with new treatments and hospital space...SHOULD keep us safe if we do our job as citizens and make wise choices when we are out and about. BUT we have to watch hospitalizations and deaths and keep those down...that is where we have to be smart and adapt to change.

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Is that nationally? We were up to nearly 7% here in Oklahoma the other day...OR are we back down. We want to be under 5% and we were for a long time and then we went above. If you want to do really in-depth research go look at the John Hopkins site that covers testing all over the country and shows total daily test and percentage positives. These ARE going up over the past few weeks and they were totally down prior to re-opening...we can't go willy nilly or we will lose our ability to do what we all enjoy...eating out, socially distant travel, attending worship in a responsible way...Honestly this should NOT be political. We should all want the same things here...keep our economy rolling and be responsible and keep our loved ones safe. Not rocket surgery.
SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19
  • As of this advisory, there are 11,510 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
  • There is one additional death; it did not occur in the past 24 hours.
    • One in Garfield County, a female in the 36-49 age group.
  • There are 372 total deaths in the state.
  • COVID-19 testing sites are open in multiple cities in Oklahoma as a result of a cross-county, city and state health system partnership. Visit this page for updated dates and locations.
  • For more information, visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov.

COVID-19 Oklahoma Test Results
Confirmed Positive Cases
11,510​
*Total Cumulative Negative Specimens to Date
286,768​
*Total Cumulative Number of Specimens to Date
299,930​
**Currently Hospitalized
268​
Total Cumulative Hospitalizations
1,319​
Deaths in the Past 24 hours
0​
Total Cumulative Deaths
372​
*The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
**This number is a combination of hospitalized positive cases and hospitalized persons under investigation, as reported by hospitals at the time of the report. The data reflect a change in calculation and should not be compared to prior data.
***The purpose of publishing aggregated statistical COVID-19 data through the OSDH Dashboard, the Executive Order Report, and the Weekly Epidemiology and Surveillance Report is to support the needs of the general public in receiving important and necessary information regarding the state of the health and safety of the citizens of Oklahoma. These resources may be used only for statistical purposes and may not be used in any way that would determine the identity of any reported cases.

Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health.
*As of 2020-06-24 at 7:00 a.m.

Detailed case statistics are published on the website. Click here for more information.
###​
11,510 / 299,930 = 3.8737562097%

Oct 30, 2007

Testing has improved consistently throughout the duration of the pandemic. We've seen the number of new daily cases increase over the past few weeks, but the number of new daily deaths has dropped. This suggests that we're identifying more mild & asymptomatic cases through increased testing.

Long story short, the second wave may not be what it seems. There are a few states that have shown an uptick in hospitalizations, but overall our country seems to be in pretty decent shape.

1593024078362.png

1593024412520.png

1593024446528.png

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Because testing causes the infection?

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
https://twitter.com/JudgeClayJ/status/1275886261845319683
Clay Jenkins is a complete waste of space. He is praying people start dying so he doesn’t look so stupid. He said in March 5000 people would die in two weeks in Texas if we locked down....400K if we didn’t....just in Texas. His Dallas county hospitalization figure was off by a factor of 50. I know your just the messenger but Jenkins is a tool.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Because testing causes the infection?
No, more available tests will result in more positive cases. Especially free drive-thru test locations which will test anyone regardless of symptoms. It would allow for people to get tested just to find out who may not have had severe enough symptoms to get tested otherwise.

As I've said, these are more accurate case numbers (probably much lower than true Covid cases), but it also paints a slightly different story as to the severity of the disease.