Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
LOL, that is easier said than done for some people, who are opposed to mandatory mask wear because it goes against their freedom and liberty. When their favorite stores have to close, due to the virus, what are they going to think what happened to their freedom and liberty? Or worse, when they end up in ICU at the hospital not wishing the virus upon their worst enemy.

Like it not, Rack, hypocrisy rules society, along with the political corruption. At least, Sen. Lankford as a rare exception saw fit to wear a mask to the Tulsa Trump rally. I hope he doesn't get sick as a sign masks work.
I agree with you! But I also don’t want to have to restrict people due to ignorance. It’s really sad what we have become...less than responsible collectively due to politics and protest...both spreaders. I also Applaud Mr. Langford. He is a good man.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
*265 hospitalized... was 181 yesterday
That's good info to know as well, but it was not available when I posted just before lunch. It only takes another second to post other statistics such as recovered, hospitalizations, etc., so why only post new cases and deaths which only paint a negative picture? This is the media approach.

Nov 6, 2010
Hey man next time you are going through there with your tray just remember the good old days at Luby’s and my post.
LOL, now why you gotta go and ruin a good thing? Luby's?? I thought you couldn't go any lower than Olive Garden, but you found two notches down. I'd like to think I can get your bad mojo out of my head, but I'm afraid you've taken up residence. I'll tell you what, the next time you get to the end of the line at Luby's and see a 10 gallon bucket of pinto beans with jalapenos and bacon floating around in it, then post back. Or better yet, when you show up at 12:30 and your joint is out of brisket, maybe head on over to In and Out burger. But if you're really that elitist, here you go.

https://www.cattleackbbq.com/

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
LOL, now why you gotta go and ruin a good thing? Luby's?? I thought you couldn't go any lower than Olive Garden, but you found two notches down. I'd like to think I can get your bad mojo out of my head, but I'm afraid you've taken up residence. I'll tell you what, the next time you get to the end of the line at Luby's and see a 10 gallon bucket of pinto beans with jalapenos and bacon floating around in it, then post back. Or better yet, when you show up at 12:30 and your joint is out of brisket, maybe head on over to In and Out burger. But if you're really that elitist, here you go.

https://www.cattleackbbq.com/
Cattleack’s is the tits. This is where to go people.

There beef is outstanding but next time you’re there get the pork steak too and thank ol Donnyboy

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Hard 8 is cafeteria food. I’ve been doing all I can to lay out of all things covid cause I’m just sick to death of all it but I can’t let someone travel to Texas and eat Hard 8 as BBQ, it’d be like be saying there is a great Italian place you should try Olive Garden

Edit: The old original hard eight was pretty good but the one by NFM is crap. Hutchins in McKinney is the best north of the loop around DFW
I agree. Hutchins in my opinion is the best BBQ in DFW. Though Pecan Lodge near Deep Ellum is very very good too.

Donnyboy

A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I agree. Hutchins in my opinion is the best BBQ in DFW. Though Pecan Lodge near Deep Ellum is very very good too.
Pecan Lodge and Cattleack’s both have Hutchins beat IMO bbq is obviously a matter of taste so tend to put places in flights instead of saying this one is the best pecan lodge and Cattleack’s are top flight for anywhere.....slow bone, lockharts, Hutchins all in the very good next tier.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Pecan Lodge and Cattleack’s both have Hutchins beat IMO bbq is obviously a matter of taste so tend to put places in flights instead of saying this one is the best pecan lodge and Cattleack’s are top flight for anywhere.....slow bone, lockharts, Hutchins all in the very good next tier.
Forgot about Slow Bone. I've mainly been there on Wednesday Chicken Strip day though...

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Hard 8 is decent and last time I was at the NFM location their smoked ribeye was amazing and extremely well priced. In Frisco we are proud to call Hutchins' and Tender's Smokehouse among our finest.

Donnyboy

A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Forgot about Slow Bone. I've mainly been there on Wednesday Chicken Strip day though...
Slow bone has great fried chicken. Best fried okra in Dallas......second is pecan lodge both are better than all the home cooking places. There used to be a chicken house in oak cliff that was as good or better but it burned down

The mayor was on the radio yesterday morning. Multiple times he threatened to shut down churches and small businesses again if the spread doesn’t stop. What a tool. If you want to shut something down grow some balls and shut down Walmart and Lowe’s. They see more people in a day than a lot of these small businesses see in a month.