Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Houston area has approx. 30% of all active cases in Texas. I watched an interview with the CEO of one of the largest hospital systems in the area and he appeared calm about the increase. According to him, most new infections are in younger age groups so the symptoms are not as bad, hospitalizations are fewer and shorter and very few end up in ICU.

The mask order, mentioned a few pages back, is aimed at businesses to require masks for workers and customers. If I go to a restaurant I need to wear a mask until I get to my table and from the table to the exit. At the office, I should wear a mask until I reach my office and, once in the office, I should wear it if I am within 6 feet of a coworker.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We are going to have increases of infections found as we increase the testing (many of them are asymptomatic cases)...We are indeed testing over 500,000 people a day in the United States. Yes, we have had a small spike due to an increase in cases that is related to opening and no it's not ONLY the result of more testing. Here's the thing, what the increase in testing is likely going to show is a HUGE reduction in the death rate percentage...this is why Trump needs to say that, and NOT just that increases in test make the numbers go up...we all know that, but he needs to understand that it's a positive in that it teaches us more about the virus and it's effects and hopefully will lesson fear....NOT increase it...despite the media's attempts to INCREASE fear again...now that riots are somewhat over and they are tired of protecting the rioters and protestors from their share of responsibility for the spreading of covid-19 while vilifying others that the mob disagrees with politically for the exact same behavior. Go forth and live life, but do it with regards to social distancing...don't participate in activities that aren't socially distant and when going out to eat or shopping, or going to church, be smart and wear a mask when you can't socially distance. it's not rocket surgery.
https://covidtracking.com/data

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
Just don’t put infected people in old folks homes as the politicians in NY, NJ, PA and Mich did, Deaths in infants and elders don’t seem to matter to blue state Pols. Shhh keep it a secret.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
We are going to have increases of infections found as we increase the testing (many of them are asymptomatic cases)...We are indeed testing over 500,000 people a day in the United States. Yes, we have had a small spike due to an increase in cases that is related to opening and no it's not ONLY the result of more testing. Here's the thing, what the increase in testing is likely going to show is a HUGE reduction in the death rate percentage...this is why Trump needs to say that, and NOT just that increases in test make the numbers go up...we all know that, but he needs to understand that it's a positive in that it teaches us more about the virus and it's effects and hopefully will lesson fear....NOT increase it...despite the media's attempts to INCREASE fear again...now that riots are somewhat over and they are tired of protecting the rioters and protestors from their share of responsibility for the spreading of covid-19 while vilifying others that the mob disagrees with politically for the exact same behavior. Go forth and live life, but do it with regards to social distancing...don't participate in activities that aren't socially distant and when going out to eat or shopping, or going to church, be smart and wear a mask when you can't socially distance. it's not rocket surgery.
https://covidtracking.com/data
You are right...the more we test the more cases we will find and the overall mortality rate percentage wise will fall.Whenever I go out in public I assume the person closest to be is infected and act accordingly always wearing my mask.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Trump can speak for himself. He claims he wasn't joking when it comes to less testing:
https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...testing-335459

Republicans, like Trump, aren't going to take testing and masking seriously, until Trump and Pence are both hospitalized with the virus and have to face Nancy Pelosi as president.
Wait.....how are GOP Congress members going to defend Trump now? Trump just took their only defense of "The President was joking when he said that"

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Trump can speak for himself. He claims he wasn't joking when it comes to less testing:
https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...testing-335459

Republicans, like Trump, aren't going to take testing and masking seriously, until Trump and Pence are both hospitalized with the virus and have to face Nancy Pelosi as president.
I take it seriously and I’m a republican...I also saw lots of Democrats protesting in the streets not taking it seriously over the past few weeks. People that don’t take it seriously are of all sorts of political opinions...it’s a shame you can’t seem to see this. Also taking it seriously doesn’t mean governments have to impose restrictions all over again. Let’s be smart and measured and take personal responsibility

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Wait.....how are GOP Congress members going to defend Trump now? Trump just took their only defense of "The President was joking when he said that"
Did you watch the entire speech? Yep he said that testing was a double edged sword and said something about asking his folks to slow it down...Cheeky just like so many things he says everyday.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I take it seriously and I’m a republican...I also saw lots of Democrats protesting in the streets not taking it seriously over the past few weeks. People that don’t take it seriously are of all sorts of political opinions...it’s a shame you can’t seem to see this. Also taking it seriously doesn’t mean governments have to impose restrictions all over again. Let’s be smart and measured and take personal responsibility
LOL, that is easier said than done for some people, who are opposed to mandatory mask wear because it goes against their freedom and liberty. When their favorite stores have to close, due to the virus, what are they going to think what happened to their freedom and liberty? Or worse, when they end up in ICU at the hospital not wishing the virus upon their worst enemy.

Like it not, Rack, hypocrisy rules society, along with the political corruption. At least, Sen. Lankford as a rare exception saw fit to wear a mask to the Tulsa Trump rally. I hope he doesn't get sick as a sign masks work.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
LOL, that is easier said than done for some people, who are opposed to mandatory mask wear because it goes against their freedom and liberty. When their favorite stores have to close, due to the virus, what are they going to think what happened to their freedom and liberty? Or worse, when they end up in ICU at the hospital not wishing the virus upon their worst enemy.

Like it not, Rack, hypocrisy rules society, along with the political corruption. At least, Sen. Lankford as a rare exception saw fit to wear a mask to the Tulsa Trump rally. I hope he doesn't get sick as a sign masks work.[/QUOTE]

And it's hard to think of a better example than people's takes on protesters & lack of masks, & Trump supporters & lack of masks.