Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
On reopening the economy where governor's have said they will make the decision for what is best in their state

The president of the United States calls the shots,” Mr. Trump said. “They can’t do anything without the approval of the president of the United States.”

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
On reopening the economy where governor's have said they will make the decision for what is best in their state

The president of the United States calls the shots,” Mr. Trump said. “They can’t do anything without the approval of the president of the United States.”
Well, he is over interstate commerce, as I understand it.

Having said that, this is a stupid fight to pick. I think he did the right thing by letting states & cities act on their own. Stepping in now & picking this fight seems petty for even him.

Idk if technically, in a declared National Emergency, what changes with regard to who has what power, but it's a bad look either way.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa

Well, he is over interstate commerce, as I understand it.

Having said that, this is a stupid fight to pick. I think he did the right thing by letting states & cities act on their own. Stepping in now & picking this fight seems petty for even him.

Idk if technically, in a declared National Emergency, what changes with regard to who has what power, but it's a bad look either way.
Agreed. I dont know the fine print, but if you are going to put the onus on the states to mandate an actual shutdown then it seems the same should hold true with a re-opening. Especially considering a reopening will most likely be on a regional basis dictated by regional data. Federal guidance and collaboration, but state decisions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The numbers are all meaningless. The number of cases will always be much higher than reported, and the deaths will always be much lower. Even in the final analysis that will be the case.
That's become my opinion as this thing's drug on.

While some furiously post every tweet about a new case (no $hit, they're increasing testing), the numbers went down, down, down in every model out there.

We had the state Health Dept. here in Colorado tell us 3 weeks ago that we were looking at anywhere from 33,277 to 379 deaths by August. Yes, they actually put those numbers out there.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
The numbers are all meaningless. The number of cases will always be much higher than reported, and the deaths will always be much lower. Even in the final analysis that will be the case.
Italy was seeing a larger spike in deaths than reported COVID deaths. So in some cases their may be more deaths than reported.

Now they were super behind the ball on providing care since it hit so hard and early.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Considering they are wanting to bake it into the next gen phones, they are trying to force buy in.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Yes, but there should be two linux phones released this year, which could be game changers. Both have privacy switches and removable batteries, along with being relatively easy to upgrade. Their production has been delayed due to COVID though.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-trump-cuomo-king-independence-total-authority-155243284.html

“We don’t have King Trump. We have President Trump,” Cuomo told CNN. “So the president should not even think of going there. That would be divisive and political, and it would be totally contrary to everything we have been trying to do by working in a cooperative fashion.”
Addressing both stay-at-home orders and another contentious issue between the federal government and the states, control over distribution of critically needed medical supplies, Cuomo said Trump had completely reversed his position from a few weeks ago, from leaving it up to the states to seeking complete control, calling it a “180” that made “no sense.”

Trump fired back shortly after with a tweet:

“Cuomo’s been calling daily, even hourly, begging for everything, most of which should have been the state’s responsibility, such as new hospitals, beds, ventilators, etc,” wrote Trump in a tweet Tuesday morning. “I got it all done for him, and everyone else, and now he seems to want Independence! That won’t happen!”

“The president is clearly spoiling for a fight,” said Cuomo later Tuesday during his daily press conference, but added he wasn’t interested. “Sometimes it ... takes more strength, frankly, to walk away from a fight than engage it. The president will have no fight with me. I will not engage it.”

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Yes, but there should be two linux phones released this year, which could be game changers. Both have privacy switches and removable batteries, along with being relatively easy to upgrade. Their production has been delayed due to COVID though.
That would be cool to have as a backup/incognito mode phone. I think Android is based on linux so you could probably side load Apps from google and just have more control of things.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
That would be cool to have as a backup/incognito mode phone. I think Android is based on linux so you could probably side load Apps from google and just have more control of things.
Android is extremely bastardized linux, to the point where you don't have superuser privileges on default. That being said, Postmarket OS--one of the operating systems being developed for the phones, has said they have gotten Anbox to work, which would mean you can run android apps in a sandbox on the device.

That is the best case scenario, as they would be unable to access your other data on the phone.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Android is extremely bastardized linux, to the point where you don't have superuser privileges on default. That being said, Postmarket OS--one of the operating systems being developed for the phones, has said they have gotten Anbox to work, which would mean you can run android apps in a sandbox on the device.

That is the best case scenario, as they would be unable to access your other data on the phone.
Yeah I did a linux install on a chromebook and did some similar stuff for fun. Turned out I could only do stuff when it was on a website telling me exactly what to do.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Yeah I did a linux install on a chromebook and did some similar stuff for fun. Turned out I could only do stuff when it was on a website telling me exactly what to do.
No shame in that, it is how everyone starts out. Now that I am used to it, I would use it 10/10 times over Windows or iOS.