Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
OK you got me. What else is he supposed to say? That it is spreading like wildfire and everyone is screwed. Do you really expect him to say something like that and cause a major panic?
I expect him to tell us the truth. I’d have the same lack of confidence if he told us we’re screwed. That’s the problem. How do you know? In the SOTU address he stood up there in front of all of us and lied about his support for pre-existing conditions while filing suit to end the ACA.
You are aware you can support covering pre existing conditions and not support an unconstitutional law like the ACA right? If the law is ruled unconstitutional in court, who is to blame? It sure as hell isn't any Republican fault as they didnt vote for it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
You are aware you can support covering pre existing conditions and not support an unconstitutional law like the ACA right? If the law is ruled unconstitutional in court, who is to blame? It sure as hell isn't any Republican fault as they didnt vote for it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Lol you are aware that Trump violated the Constitution by ignoring the powers given to the House and not one Republican gave a damn or a vote. They’ll wear that forever. Instead they are so afraid of our pompous leader that they are willing to kick millions out of their insurance after having it for the first time in their lives. Apparently they care more for their position and party than the Constitution. But what the hell, let the autocrat roam! Right?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Latest numbers.

yesterday marks the first time more than 100 people died in a single day.

1,018 deaths. 3,396 cured and discharged from hospitals

43,105 confirmed cases

2 men in Japan who were originally tested for coronavirus which came back negative have now both tested positive in additional testing. Japan now has 163 confirmed cases

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Latest numbers.

yesterday marks the first time more than 100 people died in a single day.

1,018 deaths. 3,396 cured and discharged from hospitals

43,105 confirmed cases

2 men in Japan who were originally tested for coronavirus which came back negative have now both tested positive in additional testing. Japan now has 163 confirmed cases
Don’t worry, Trump said he talked to China and warmer weather will end it.

Dec 11, 2011
Now that’s a degree of partisan hack BS I didn’t know existed, the “Thread about a virus killing people in Asia & spreading across the globe; I should bring up Trump!”. Good God, man. Keep that shit somewhere else.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I’m so sorry your weak knees can’t handle what Trump* said about the corona virus, and that you can’t possibly imagine how healthcare might be involved. Good grief

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
I’m so sorry your weak knees can’t handle what Trump* said about the corona virus, and that you can’t possibly imagine how healthcare might be involved. Good grief
No, what we can't handle is your TDS coming into a thread and completely derailing it with hypotheticals and nonsense.

We get it. You don't like Trump. I am OK with that. But not EVERYTHING has to be about him. What he is doing with the ACA will likely have no impact on the Coronavirus, there is no need to bring it up. Think he's being dishonest? Ok, make a post and say "I have a hard time believing him". Instead, you make post after post about how much you hate him. The MSM is just as guilty as downplaying this. Remember Ebola? That was 24/7 coverage and no where near as big of an actual health risk..I don't see you lambasting them, just Trump * (threw in the asterisk for you).

Contribute to the actual discussion or just be quiet.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
No one knows yet if this is the BIG virus outbreak that is widely predicted to kill many millions or not. With worldwide travel common small outbreaks can become big ones very easily. Our best hope to prevent this is to learn to make vaccines quickly to any newly found virus before it kills us all.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
No one knows yet if this is the BIG virus outbreak that is widely predicted to kill many millions or not. With worldwide travel common small outbreaks can become big ones very easily. Our best hope to prevent this is to learn to make vaccines quickly to any newly found virus before it kills us all.
It would be nice if there was actual widespread coverage. Most information I find, I get off of reddit. I don't think this will be a "world wide" event in the sense that it kills everyone. All the data I'm seeing still is that you are most likely safe if you are not Asian.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
It would be nice if there was actual widespread coverage. Most information I find, I get off of reddit. I don't think this will be a "world wide" event in the sense that it kills everyone. All the data I'm seeing still is that you are most likely safe if you are not Asian.
Unfortunately news is always retrospective and does not always predict future events.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
And this is how a major outbreak in the US will happen

Errors led to coronavirus patient being sent back to military base, source tells CNN
From CNN's Elizabeth Cohen
Errors by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and a hospital in San Diego led to a woman with the novel coronavirus being sent back to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar instead of being sent to isolation at the hospital, according to a health official familiar with the situation.
The woman was among Americans in federal quarantine at the base. She flew to the base on February 5 on a State Department flight evacuating Americans from Wuhan, China. The next day she started experiencing symptoms of the novel coronavirus and was taken to UC San Diego Health. Three other people who were exhibiting symptoms were also transported to the hospital.
The hospital sent their specimens to a CDC lab in Atlanta for testing. According to the source, the specimens were incorrectly labeled upon arrival and so they were not tested. The CDC lab did not realize the specimens were from the four Miramar patients.
When no results were reported back, CDC staffers mistakenly gave UC San Diego Health the results of four other patients who tested negative. That mistake led to all four Miramar patients being transferred back to the base Sunday afternoon.
After they arrived back at the base, the mistake was discovered and the tests were run on the four Miramar patients. The results for the woman came back positive, and she was transported back to UC San Diego Health on Monday morning, where she remains in isolation. The woman has had a very mild illness, according to the source, with no fever and a slight cough. The other three patients tested negative.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Latest numbers
45,172 confirmed cases
1115 deaths
Wonder what the avg age of the deceased is? Curious to know if the virus is more apt to cause death in those with compromised immunity like the flu. Haven't really heard or read any data around this point.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Wonder what the avg age of the deceased is? Curious to know if the virus is more apt to cause death in those with compromised immunity like the flu. Haven't really heard or read any data around this point.
Earlier reports out of China said that the vast majority of the deaths were to people over 60 and who had an underlying illness already. It would be good to see if this is holding true and also if true for deaths in other countries.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Earlier reports out of China said that the vast majority of the deaths were to people over 60 and who had an underlying illness already. It would be good to see if this is holding true and also if true for deaths in other countries.
The cruise ship that docked in Japan is probably a good example of the severity of this illness. It's going to provide more reliable data than we should see out of China and I think its ok to assume the vast majority of passengers were healthy when the cruise started.

So far 174 cases with 4 people in serious condition (2 in ICU and 2 on ventilators).