Corndog #4 in the Country in Expected Points Added for a QB

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Have you seen Spencer on the sidelines? Don't get me wrong, I think he's an amazing talent and the bright future of this program, but he looks like a light wind could blow him over, he needs a lot of physical maturity before he's ready to play d1 football. Coach Glass has work to do. View attachment 66170
I can see that. I just remember watching some footage of him at a practice running some slant plays with the receivers, and he can seriously rifle the ball.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I can see that. I just remember watching some footage of him at a practice running some slant plays with the receivers, and he can seriously rifle the ball.
I have a good friend, former OSU qb, who watched him in fall practice, claims he's the most polished true freshman we've ever had. Ahead of Gundy, Fields, and Lunt at the same stage. I look forward to seeing him throw to these great young receivers.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I have a good friend, former OSU qb, who watched him in fall practice, claims he's the most polished true freshman we've ever had. Ahead of Gundy, Fields, and Lunt at the same stage. I look forward to seeing him throw to these great young receivers.
Gonna be a very interesting Spring/Summer at the QB position, re: playing Sanders for the forseeable future, or another one year rent a QB, then a QB transition again after next year. 3 years, 3 different QB's is something I hope we don't see.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
No guarantee that Sanders is our QB next year. Brown will be a 5th year senior,,,,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's pretty obvious that Brown is a safety valve.
Last year at this time no one thought Corndog would take almost every snap in 2018. I haven’t seen either one play as a Cowboy. I’ll reserve comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
No snark here, but based on what? Is that basically what your friend's said about the two?
I don't think that's obvious in the slightest. I've always wondered what his presence was for, honestly.
Based on a few things. We haven't seen him take a snap, even in mop-up duty. The film I've seen on him at Hawaii was pretty unimpressive. His replacement at Hawaii, a sophomore, is lighting it up (comparatively) with virtually the same supporting cast. And Spencer is obviously, IMO, the future at the position.

I stated all this when a lot of people were screaming for Brown to replace Cornelius, but their conviction that it was just Gundy being stubborn wouldn't allow it.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I mean...maybe? But I stand by what I said earlier in the season: I would rather lose with Sanders getting experience than Cornelius playing in basically what amounts to a "throwaway" season, especially if we don't get a bowl game...

But we've all "yelled" at each other about that several times on here, I don't even care anymore. Just have to wait *possibly* another full season to see Spencer Sanders play finally.
Have you seen Spencer on the sidelines? Don't get me wrong, I think he's an amazing talent and the bright future of this program, but he looks like a light wind could blow him over, he needs a lot of physical maturity before he's ready to play d1 football. Coach Glass has work to do. View attachment 66170
Kyler murray is 5'11" and 195lbs and is a likely Heisman finalist. Spencer Sanders is 6'2" 195lbs and is sitting on the bench because he "might get hurt". Please. Sanders is ready physically and mentally and the only reason he isnt playing is because Gundy thinks Cornelius is entitled to play because he stayed for 5 years or whatever. Its pathetic to watch guys like bowman and the ISU qb have nice seasons while our Gatorade player of the year is sitting on the bench as we go 6-5

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Kyler murray is 5'11" and 195lbs and is a likely Heisman finalist. Spencer Sanders is 6'2" 195lbs and is sitting on the bench because he "might get hurt". Please. Sanders is ready physically and mentally and the only reason he isnt playing is because Gundy thinks Cornelius is entitled to play because he stayed for 5 years or whatever. Its pathetic to watch guys like bowman and the ISU qb have nice seasons while our Gatorade player of the year is sitting on the bench as we go 6-5

OK coach

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
You r right. Individual stats don't ever show how well the individual is doing. I guess that MLB MVP given to a player on a team that does not win the World Series is meaningless.
Are you expecting that Corndog is going to win any big post season awards? Point was if we wouldn't have reached that 6th win than this would be the 2nd worst season in Gundy's tenure. Corndog's stats would've been an after thought like "Oh at least the QB had some good stats that year." And then the conversation would've moved on to something else.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Are you expecting that Corndog is going to win any big post season awards? Point was if we wouldn't have reached that 6th win than this would be the 2nd worst season in Gundy's tenure. Corndog's stats would've been an after thought like "Oh at least the QB had some good stats that year." And then the conversation would've moved on to something else.
Corndog will get a shot at an NFL camp. And despite the overall record we r 3-1 against teams getting votes for the playoffs and 2-1 against top ten teams with the loss being by a point. This team and TC can play with anyone. And your comment does not matter now as we have more than 5 wins.