Corndog #4 in the Country in Expected Points Added for a QB

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Am I the only person who thinks these "advanced stats" are getting out of hand? I guess that's good he's ranked so high in that category...?

Jun 23, 2005
IMO OSU fans should be giving major props to Corn Dog. He stuck with the program for four years and he is making the most of his opportunity. He is fourth in the nation in passing yards. Great job!

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
You can admit he's better than you've given him credit. It'll only sting for a second. ;)
If you were to take away all nuance from his statistics, sure, he's had a far better season than most QBs in the country. But at the end of the day, if we aren't winning the majority of those games, his stats don't mean shit.

I guess in another sense, you could say that this season's woes are completely attributed to our crappy defense, given that our offense seems to be sputtering along regardless.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
If you were to take away all nuance from his statistics, sure, he's had a far better season than most QBs in the country. But at the end of the day, if we aren't winning the majority of those games, his stats don't mean shit.

I guess in another sense, you could say that this season's woes are completely attributed to our crappy defense, given that our offense seems to be sputtering along regardless.
Crappy defense, crappy special teams, and
penalties. I think we had as many, or more penalty yards vs Baylor than we did rushing yards.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
You can admit he's better than you've given him credit. It'll only sting for a second. ;)

QB gets all the credit and all the blame. Not fair. It’s just the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Very true, I just think it makes all the "fans" calling for him to be benched look silly---er.
I mean...maybe? But I stand by what I said earlier in the season: I would rather lose with Sanders getting experience than Cornelius playing in basically what amounts to a "throwaway" season, especially if we don't get a bowl game...

But we've all "yelled" at each other about that several times on here, I don't even care anymore. Just have to wait *possibly* another full season to see Spencer Sanders play finally.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I mean...maybe? But I stand by what I said earlier in the season: I would rather lose with Sanders getting experience than Cornelius playing in basically what amounts to a "throwaway" season, especially if we don't get a bowl game...

But we've all "yelled" at each other about that several times on here, I don't even care anymore. Just have to wait *possibly* another full season to see Spencer Sanders play finally.
Have you seen Spencer on the sidelines? Don't get me wrong, I think he's an amazing talent and the bright future of this program, but he looks like a light wind could blow him over, he needs a lot of physical maturity before he's ready to play d1 football. Coach Glass has work to do.
8565784.jpg

Dec 17, 2011
Have you seen Spencer on the sidelines? Don't get me wrong, I think he's an amazing talent and the bright future of this program, but he looks like a light wind could blow him over, he needs a lot of physical maturity before he's ready to play d1 football. Coach Glass has work to do. View attachment 66170
This. Look at the transition Hubbard had in his year off. He would not produce what he is producing now without the work in the weight room.