Congratulations to the Great State of Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
For stepping up to the plate and working together to take third place in Covid-19 deaths from California.

It took a team effort, from the governor, to local businesses, local politicians to the patriots screaming about their rights.

A lot of people would look at national lowering trends, having better information out and having 11 million less residents; but you guys all came together (apparently without masks) and made it happen. Way to keep an upward trend going!

I'm confident gatherings of 25k at both Texas A&M, UT, Dallas Cowboy and Houston Texan games are a great idea in the midst of a pandemic!!

(I'd include Texas Tech, but Covid-19 will just take their minds off Raider Rash)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
For stepping up to the plate and working together to take third place in Covid-19 deaths from California.

It took a team effort, from the governor, to local businesses, local politicians to the patriots screaming about their rights.

A lot of people would look at national lowering trends, having better information out and having 11 million less residents; but you guys all came together (apparently without masks) and made it happen. Way to keep an upward trend going!

I'm confident gatherings of 25k at both Texas A&M, UT, Dallas Cowboy and Houston Texan games are a great idea in the midst of a pandemic!!

(I'd include Texas Tech, but Covid-19 will just take their minds off Raider Rash)
Wear a mask, wash your hands, and social distance OR stay home if you are elderly or immune compromised. 25K in a stadium with mask and socially distant is nothing in a stadium that holds 115K. Texas cases are consistently down over the past several weeks. But do have fun in California, the formerly beautiful state of my birth, with your extremely high priced real estate, overcrowded cities, horrible traffic, homeless camps on every corner and air you can't breath. I'll take Texas and Oklahoma where people are at least semi free over Cali any day and twice on Sunday.

It's a shame you started this fight...it's one Cali is losing, sadly and highly unfortunate for all of us. Heck California even lost Tesla, how bad does the state government have to be to lose freaking Tesla? I'd stay away from this losing battle if I were you.

Look, I'm praying right now for California with all the fires...we NEED those out. They are threating lives, our forest and our future. I pray the weather changes and puts them out and for our brave firefighters...I pray you guys can go to the beautiful beaches in freedom again well into the future and I pray you elect politicians that trust your people and allow them to have more freedom and fun...As an aside, the PAC12 made a horrible mistake not playing this year.

I do sincerely hope you have a GREAT OSU watch party next week and enjoy our 15 - 19K fans plus the paddle people that we are going to put in BPS...honestly, I hope you enjoy it...just please stop with this bashing of state of Texas for wanting to move on with their lives and have some fun in a safe way. WE are all Americans...we should all weep for those we lose...no matter how or why.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2006

*with

Nov 6, 2010
Wear a mask, wash your hands, and social distance OR stay home if you are elderly or immune compromised. 25K in a stadium with mask and socially distant is nothing in a stadium that holds 115K. Texas cases are consistently down over the past several weeks. But do have fun in California, the formerly beautiful state of my birth, with your extremely high priced real estate, overcrowded cities, horrible traffic, homeless camps on every corner and air you can't breath. I'll take Texas and Oklahoma where people are at least semi free over Cali any day and twice on Sunday.

It's a shame you started this fight...it's one Cali is losing, sadly and highly unfortunate for all of us. Heck California even lost Tesla, how bad does the state government have to be to lose freaking Tesla? I'd stay away from this losing battle if I were you.

Look, I'm praying right now for California with all the fires...we NEED those out. They are threating lives, our forest and our future. I pray the weather changes and puts them out and for our brave firefighters...I pray you guys can go to the beautiful beaches in freedom again well into the future and I pray you elect politicians that trust your people and allow them to have more freedom and fun...As an aside, the PAC12 made a horrible mistake not playing this year.

I do sincerely hope you have a GREAT OSU watch party next week and enjoy our 15 - 19K fans plus the paddle people that we are going to put in BPS...honestly, I hope you enjoy it...just please stop with this bashing of state of Texas for wanting to move on with their lives and have some fun in a safe way. WE are all Americans...we should all weep for those we lose...no matter how or why.
I'd normally agree except the Death Star is basically an indoor stadium. I don't think bringing people together in domes is a good idea at all.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Dems have got them all beat by a mile with their slaughter at the nursing homes. High fives all around in New York. Bet you are real proud lmao.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Huhhh????

Why are more people dead as dillinger in a Republican stronghold like Texas than which is basically communist as Norway California despite having only 66% of the population??

I've read alot of posts on this message board and I can't understand why super intelligent Texans are dying at such a faster rate than then those dumbass liberals in CubaFornia.

I am all for owning those dumbass libs, but this is a new strategy by the the GOP.

Maybe they all plan to zombie up and rise from the dead to maintain the God-given conservative majority in the house and Senate. That'd be a great way to own them them libs!!

People act like a net of five miles of wall for five billion won't keep us safe from the invasion.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Dems have got them all beat by a mile with their slaughter at the nursing homes. High fives all around in New York. Bet you are real proud lmao.

Huhhh????

Why are more people dead as dillinger in a Republican stronghold like Texas than which is basically communist as Norway California despite having only 66% of the population??

I've read alot of posts on this message board and I can't understand why super intelligent Texans are dying at such a faster rate than then those dumbass liberals in CubaFornia.

I am all for owning those dumbass libs, but this is a new strategy by the the GOP.

Maybe they all plan to zombie up and rise from the dead to maintain the God-given conservative majority in the house and Senate. That'd be a great way to own them them libs!!

People act like a net of five miles of wall for five billion won't keep us safe from the invasion.
It has been 6 months and Texas is still no where near New York or New Jersey in terms of death. New York managed to kill all those people in a matter of like 2 months. Texas on the other hand has a larger population and didnt shut down for near as long or drastic and is still far behind the boomer slaughterhouse that is New York. Sad.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX

You might want to wait a bit before taking your victory lap as California has roughly 300,000 more active cases than Texas. Texas' daily new cases appear to be about half of California's at this time.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Huhhh????

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/state/texas/party-affiliation/
https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/state/california/party-affiliation/
Problem is, Texas isn’t righty anymore. You’re giving too much credit to the GOP.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Texas Gov announced the relaxation of capcity rules in some areas

Abbott said restaurants, retail stores, office buildings, manufacturing facilities, museums, libraries and gyms can increase capacity from 50 percent to 75 percent across the state, but only in regions deemed safe enough.

Abbott’s Strike Force to Open Texas carved out 22 hospital regions in the state and will only allow the expanded capacity in regions with COVID-19 hospitalizations under 15 percent of the region’s capacity for seven days straight.

The expanded capacity rules start Monday.

Only three regions – Rio Grande, Laredo and Victoria – are over the threshold as of Thursday.

“That level of hospitalization shows COVID is spreading too much for those regions to expand their openings,” Abbott said. “The other 19 regions are able to open at the expanded capacity announced today.”

Hospitals in the safe regions can start offering elective surgery again.

Nursing homes and long-term care facilities can also reopen for visitation inside safe regions. They can also restart essential caregiver visits, both starting Sept. 24.

Abbott said bars are too dangerous to reopen at this point in the pandemic.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You might want to wait a bit before taking your victory lap as California has roughly 300,000 more active cases than Texas. Texas' daily new cases appear to be about half of California's at this time.
Cali needs to wear mask and get on with their lives once the fires are out...dang what a year...I'm honestly so sad for California...sad and STILL hopeful that this will be over soon in that state and that maybe this shock will send them to the red side of the ledger to at least attempt a change in their leadership away from mass immigration without limits (estimated to be at least 3 million of them more than many state populations), crime without control, very poor forest management and fire protection ideas, extremely high taxation, and massive amounts of homelessness. Sad situation brought on mostly by very bad state leadership. Back in the day California wasn't Blue...it was a military dominated state, with Republican governance...that of Reagan, Nixon, Hoover, Disney, Schwarzenegger, Pete Wilson, Ford and many many others..

Last edited:

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Cali needs to wear mask and get on with their lives once the fires are out...dang what a year...I'm honestly so sad for California...sad and STILL hopeful that this will be over soon in that state and that maybe this shock will send them to the red side of the ledger to at least attempt a change in their leadership away from mass immigration without limits (estimated to be at least 3 million of them more than many state populations), crime without control, very poor forest management and fire protection ideas, extremely high taxation, and massive amounts of homelessness. Sad situation brought on mostly by very bad state leadership. Back in the day California wasn't Blue...it was a military dominated state, with Republican governance...that of Reagan, Nixon, Hoover, Disney, Schwarzenegger, Pete Wilson, Ford and many many others..
Gray Davis screwed the pooch pretty badly. Schwarzenegger was aiiight as a Governor, but much wasn't expected out of him.

I agree when any municipality swings too far either way, the populace gets screwed over and if it wasn't for the entertainment industry I'd consider OC or Ventura County. I think when the politicians have to fight for your vote; you get a better response. regardless of party.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Gray Davis screwed the pooch pretty badly. Schwarzenegger was aiiight as a Governor, but much wasn't expected out of him.

I agree when any municipality swings too far either way, the populace gets screwed over and if it wasn't for the entertainment industry I'd consider OC or Ventura County. I think when the politicians have to fight for your vote; you get a better response. regardless of party.
Orange - Just so you know, I seriously LOVE California. Spent a summer working at ISOMATA in Idyllwild back in the 80's. I lived in the state as a child as well and honestly LOVE the state. It's beautiful, the mountain towns and central coast are all world even in terms of people and friendliness. Lots of Oklahoma ties in those areas and these fires are a real shame.

I hope you are having your watch party Saturday...with OSU mask and social distancing. You guys can do it and be safe. Have a great time, it should be fine if you are careful. Honestly praying for California, I have sincere hope that exactly what you said will happen...politicians will have to fight for your vote and the people will run the state once again...I don't care if they are an R or a D or an I if they do a good job for the state and cities. Sorry I get partisan on here...I should be more kind, we are all OSU fans!

Last edited:

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Orange - Just so you know, I seriously LOVE California. Spent a summer working at ISOMATA in Idyllwild back in the 80's. I lived in the state as a child as well and honestly LOVE the state. It's beautiful, the mountain towns and central coast are all world even in terms of people and friendliness. Lots of Oklahoma ties in those areas and these fires are a real shame.

I hope you are having your watch party Saturday...with OSU mask and social distancing. You guys can do it and be safe. Have a great time, it should be fine if you are careful. Honestly praying for California, I have sincere hope that exactly what you said will happen...politicians will have to fight for your vote and the people will run the state once again...I don't care if they are an R or a D or an I if they do a good job for the state and cities. Sorry I get partisan on here...I should be more kind, we are all OSU fans!
Naah, no watch party, watching with 2-3 other Pokes in the man cave; The bars are closed and I don't think it would be a good idea to be around people that I don't have a social accountability to and vice versa. Also, most people here aren't down for the hooting and hollers that go on with strangers in public gatherings.

We're tentatively scheduling two private house parties for OU and Texas only.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Naah, no watch party, watching with 2-3 other Pokes in the man cave; The bars are closed and I don't think it would be a good idea to be around people that I don't have a social accountability to and vice versa. Also, most people here aren't down for the hooting and hollers that go on with strangers in public gatherings.

We're tentatively scheduling two private house parties for OU and Texas only.
Have fun...and enjoy the game!