Columbine tragedy remembered by former OSU star Zac Robinson

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Didn't think this fit sports forum, so posting here:

Six years before he was a freshman quarterback at Oklahoma State, Zac Robinson was a sixth-grade student at Governor’s Ranch Elementary in Littleton, Colorado.

The Governor’s Ranch school is located four miles northeast of Columbine High School, where on April 20, 1999, two deranged and heavily armed students murdered 12 classmates and one teacher. Non-fatal gunshot wounds were sustained by 21 others.

Now 31 and residing in Dallas, where he has become a renowned quarterback instructor, Robinson shared with the Tulsa World his memory of that terrible Tuesday morning 19 years ago.

“It’s burned into my memory,” Robinson said. “Any time we get to the middle of April, the memory starts creeping in.

“And then today – on the anniversary – you remember what happened and the people who were affected, and you remember what happened afterward, as well. You can’t help but think of it.”
Link

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Zac is a good dude. My wife and sister in law went to one of his signing at Woodland Hills and couldn't say enough good things about him. Good ambassador to OSU as well.

Although Zac was a few years younger than I, I was about his age (a little older) when the OKC bombing happened and the same effect that had on me as a young adult.