Colorado School Shooting

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
There's a handful of posters here that would jump through all the hoops to own that one. Heck, I would think hard about it myself. Since firing them in Vegas I freaking love it. Ak 47 sounds just like the movies. The uzi blows $250 in just 2 minutes. Pretty fun. I wish someone would open a grenade shop. Really really want to throw one. Idea here. US military should open up its training to the local population for a price to come in and live their fantasies. Would love to take off in a fighter off a carrier. What about $59,000 a ticket?
Something tells me there'd be some pretty stout waiver to sign on that one.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
There's a handful of posters here that would jump through all the hoops to own that one. Heck, I would think hard about it myself. Since firing them in Vegas I freaking love it. Ak 47 sounds just like the movies. The uzi blows $250 in just 2 minutes. Pretty fun. I wish someone would open a grenade shop. Really really want to throw one. Idea here. US military should open up its training to the local population for a price to come in and live their fantasies. Would love to take off in a fighter off a carrier. What about $59,000 a ticket?
No fighter planes but they do have armored vehicles, tanks and machine guns you can play with at the tank ranch. I would love to shoot the mini gun or the MG 42 myself if I had the cash lying around.

https://www.drivetanks.com/machine-gun-shooting/

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
No fighter planes but they do have armored vehicles, tanks and machine guns you can play with at the tank ranch. I would love to shoot the mini gun or the MG 42 myself if I had the cash lying around.

https://www.drivetanks.com/machine-gun-shooting/
Omg there's more! Not only drive the tanks you can fire the main gun! Bad assetry. Then there's the big guns, cannons and mortars. Cheap too. $30 a mortar. As good as a grenade.

Aug 16, 2012
Yep, legal ownership is what he was trying to achieve, but since there was no chain of title to the weapon when it transferred to my great uncle's hands, the ATF deemed it an illegal weapon and they stated nobody could legally own it anymore.

Jul 20, 2018
I'm saying compared to the general population I'm right wing. This board is comprised of enough right wingers that by comparison I'm left leaning. Compared to the people on survivalist boards I'm far left.
I think that's because you don't know much about the subject. If you grew up in a home with responsible gun ownership, I think you would have a more informed and logical position. I've never understood someone who wanted to take guns away from law-abiding citizens. I would suggest that "journalism" has caused more deaths than guns.

Jul 20, 2018

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I think that's because you don't know much about the subject. If you grew up in a home with responsible gun ownership, I think you would have a more informed and logical position. I've never understood someone who wanted to take guns away from law-abiding citizens. I would suggest that "journalism" has caused more deaths than guns.
My dad had hunting rifles and Grandpa gave me a rifle for high school graduation.

I'm talking about more than just guns. Believe it or not there is more to the constitution than just your beloved guns. If you have the patience to actually read my posts I'm really not so anti 2nd amendment. I just am not afraid to discuss it, as I pointed out like virtually every other amendment we seem to accept has a gray area.

Please point out my logical fallacies, and the posts where I talked about taking your guns away. Then while your at it, answer me this. Should all citizens be entitled to own any type of gun? If you don't have the balls to answer that, like most in this thread, spare me the condescending "you don't know what you're talking about" routine.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018
My dad had hunting rifles and Grandpa gave me a rifle for high school graduation.

I'm talking about more than just guns. Believe it or not there is more to the constitution than just your beloved guns. If you have the patience to actually read my posts I'm really not so anti 2nd amendment. I just am not afraid to discuss it, as I pointed out like virtually every other amendment we seem to accept has a gray area.

Please point out my logical fallacies, and the posts where I talked about taking your guns away. Then while your at it, answer me this. Should all citizens be entitled to own any type of gun? If you don't have the balls to answer that, like most in this thread, spare me the condescending "you don't know what you're talking about" routine.
I realize that there is more to the constitution than guns. Guns are, however, the tool that maintains the rest of the constitution. I know you'll argue against that statement but you won't be able to name one other country that didn't have its guns taken away before they lost all of their other rights.

For someone who grew up with guns, you seem to know very little about them. You continue to bring up "automatic" guns when it's been shown that very few people own them and they're extremely rarely used in a crime. I truly doubt you know what a fully automatic gun is and how they work. It's not condescension when it's true. That is unless you know exactly what you're talking about and continue to bring up the stupid argument over and over again. You tell me.

I believe that we should be able to own ANY type of gun we want to own. Just like I believe we should be able to buy dynamite. My grandfather bought dynamite when he was a young man. Used it to remove stumps and build horse watering troughs.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
For someone who grew up with guns, you seem to know very little about them. You continue to bring up "automatic" guns when it's been shown that very few people own them and they're extremely rarely used in a crime. I truly doubt you know what a fully automatic gun is and how they work. It's not condescension when it's true. That is unless you know exactly what you're talking about and continue to bring up the stupid argument over and over again. You tell me.
I think you're hung up on a point he isn't trying to make. Whether full autos are or aren't used in crimes isn't related to his question. He's just asking you if you think there should be any restriction on firearms or if every citizen should be able to own any kind of firearm that they want.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I realize that there is more to the constitution than guns. Guns are, however, the tool that maintains the rest of the constitution. I know you'll argue against that statement but you won't be able to name one other country that didn't have its guns taken away before they lost all of their other rights.

I believe that we should be able to own ANY type of gun we want to own. Just like I believe we should be able to buy dynamite. My grandfather bought dynamite when he was a young man. Used it to remove stumps and build horse watering troughs.
Could it be a correlation you accidentally stumbled across there? Do I have to know the details of a firing mechanism to know automatic guns are more efficient at facilitating mass murder? Do you know all the intricacies of national healthcare? Did you have an opinion on that matter? I did.

Many western European countries and Australia have curtailed gun ownership and they haven't descended into totalitarian nations.

The automatic guns discussion came up because someone pinned me down on what I think the law should be. If you had your way some of these incidents could likely have had a much higher body count. That worries me more than the boogeyman government you are so scared of. An educated and informed republic can only give way to tyranny if they chose to do so. Which, I'll grant you, many young voters are gladly eroding our personal liberties but your guns aren't going to prevent that.

Extremists don't know they are extremists. If you're good with 18 year old kids owning machine guns I consider you an extremist. Outside of this thread, a fair percentage of people would agree with me.

Jul 20, 2018
Could it be a correlation you accidentally stumbled across there? Do I have to know the details of a firing mechanism to know automatic guns are more efficient at facilitating mass murder? Do you know all the intricacies of national healthcare? Did you have an opinion on that matter? I did.

Many western European countries and Australia have curtailed gun ownership and they haven't descended into totalitarian nations.

The automatic guns discussion came up because someone pinned me down on what I think the law should be. If you had your way some of these incidents could likely have had a much higher body count. That worries me more than the boogeyman government you are so scared of. An educated and informed republic can only give way to tyranny if they chose to do so. Which, I'll grant you, many young voters are gladly eroding our personal liberties but your guns aren't going to prevent that.

Extremists don't know they are extremists. If you're good with 18 year old kids owning machine guns I consider you an extremist. Outside of this thread, a fair percentage of people would agree with me.
See. There you go again. I never said an 18 year old should be able to own an automatic weapon. You did so you could make a point that is extreme. Making an extreme point such as this derails from the real issue.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
See. There you go again. I never said an 18 year old should be able to own an automatic weapon. You did so you could make a point that is extreme. Making an extreme point such as this derails from the real issue.
Who is "we" then? I assumed you meant adults of legal age, but perhaps not?

"I believe that we should be able to own ANY type of gun we want to own."

Jul 20, 2018
I think you're hung up on a point he isn't trying to make. Whether full autos are or aren't used in crimes isn't related to his question. He's just asking you if you think there should be any restriction on firearms or if every citizen should be able to own any kind of firearm that they want.
And I answered his question. He likes to bring up these extremist comments to derail the discussion because he can't make a credible argument for his point.