Coaching Staff

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Coach Gundy said all week long that we had to take what Texas gave us. They geared up to stop the run, and we finished with 56 rushes & 33 passes. Texas was obviously more talented in the trenches, and we stubbornly tried again & again to run between the tackles. Offensive playcalling was terrible tonight.

The final score would've looked a lot worse if it weren't for the 2 muffed punts & the interception.

Jun 25, 2011
The play calling tonight was less creative than my left butt cheek. Have to go back to the Jim Stanley era to find play calling that was worse than tonight. And the fake field goal attempt has to be a top five dumbest play call in State history. Wow. How can the mental acuity of our football leadership be so inept?

Oct 30, 2007
It felt like our coaches coached scared tonight. I would rather walk away from a loss knowing that we left everything we had on the field than walk away feeling like we left bullets in the chamber. We should've tried to stop the run earlier instead of just letting them run the ball down our throats, and we should've been a lot more aggressive in our offensive playcalling. It's tough to stomach losses like this.

Sep 6, 2011
Need to hold Gundy down and shave that mess of a mullet. Who knows? Might even find his balls hiding in that mess and we could regain at least some shred of the guy that used to have some fire in his belly and played to win every game.

Jun 25, 2011
Need to hold Gundy down and shave that mess of a mullet. Who knows? Might even find his balls hiding in that mess and we could regain at least some shred of the guy that used to have some fire in his belly and played to win every game.
Agree. That last punt tells you all you need to know about Gundy.. Yes, Texas fumbled the punt but Gundy was counting more on Texas to screw up than he was counting on us to make a play. I understand the concept that you don't want to beat yourself, but show you have a pair. Perhaps he punted because he new the play calling was so pathetic the odds were greater that Texas would fumble the punt than us making a first down. Amazing how dismal any adjustments made during the game were. If I was a coach on the staff I would be embarrassed about how we managed the game. Inept is the word that comes to mind.

Sep 4, 2012
Lol to people blaming Gleason. It’s always been like this. The only time it hasn’t been is when holgy and monk were on sidelines. Gundy couldn’t control them. He hired guys like Gleason and yurcich to control them. He gets the blame. He gets all of this blame. He cost us this game. No other way about it.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Coach Gundy said all week long that we had to take what Texas gave us. They geared up to stop the run, and we finished with 56 rushes & 33 passes. Texas was obviously more talented in the trenches, and we stubbornly tried again & again to run between the tackles. Offensive playcalling was terrible tonight.

The final score would've looked a lot worse if it weren't for the 2 muffed punts & the interception.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Exactly this.

Jan 1, 2008
LOL at this entire thread. Our o line wasn't the problem? Converting 3rd downs in the redzone weren't the problem? Nope- all Gundy :)
Bless your heart - the oline can't stop the rush so the coaching staff should definitely keep calling plays to magnify that weakness. Hard to convert on third down when the play is designed to benefit the defense.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Bless your heart - the oline can't stop the rush so the coaching staff should definitely keep calling plays to magnify that weakness. Hard to convert on third down when the play is designed to benefit the defense.
I agree. Why run into the heart of the defense when you can throw over them or possibly run around them.