Coaches Poll

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
OUCH!!!!

Wow, less than zero respect in this poll, we are the equivalent of 41st in the country. TCU and a West Virginia team who lost more than we did including their head coach ranked ahead of us. Well, at least we made the Top 50!

May 26, 2012
41st! Amazing how far Gundy has let the program fall in a year and a half! I see 7 wins at the most this year not counting whatever crap bowl game we go to.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Several of our fans have been saying "if we aren't winning a national title then does it even really matter!? We need to move on from Gundy!"

So... does it even really matter? Clemson or Alabama will win the national title this season. Georgia, Ohio State or Oklahoma will probably round out the playoff.

College football isn't competitive... so if we finish with 10 wins and a decent bowl trip then it's a great season.

And the national media is never going to respect Oklahoma State. Look no further than coverage on The Athletic. They have an OKC site that is completely dedicated to the Thunder and OU... and they haven't written a single piece about OSU since the site was launched.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
41st! Amazing how far Gundy has let the program fall in a year and a half! I see 7 wins at the most this year not counting whatever crap bowl game we go to.
If this isn't sarcasm then you my good sir are crazy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2007
I would bet money if I had any that OSU wins more than 7 games this year.

Sometimes not being so close to a program is better when guessing. You don't have so much invested in your picks.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Every year this happens and all I can do recall an ancient Chinese proverb about blind squirrels
well.... they did finish 2018 ranked 8th in the country - so 10th is almost a slap in the face for them...

8. Texas (10-4, 7-2 Big 12)
They're baaa-aack. Behind Swinney's aforementioned proclamation, this was perhaps the loudest statement delivered during bowl season, courtesy of QB Sam Ehlinger after the Longhorns upset Georgia 28-21 in the Allstate Sugar Bowl. The sophomore QB was brilliant in engineering the victory, which was forewarned by Bevo, the longhorn steer mascot, who appeared to take aim at Uga the bulldog in pregame festivities.

Feb 18, 2009
Several of our fans have been saying "if we aren't winning a national title then does it even really matter!? We need to move on from Gundy!"

So... does it even really matter? Clemson or Alabama will win the national title this season. Georgia, Ohio State or Oklahoma will probably round out the playoff.

College football isn't competitive... so if we finish with 10 wins and a decent bowl trip then it's a great season.

And the national media is never going to respect Oklahoma State. Look no further than coverage on The Athletic. They have an OKC site that is completely dedicated to the Thunder and OU... and they haven't written a single piece about OSU since the site was launched.
I said years ago if you could guarantee me ~9 wins a year, a nice bowl trip and a win over ou every couple of years, I would be ecstatic as an OSU fan. Every couple of years you get all the bounces and you win 11 or 12.

Gundy has delivered relatively closely minus Bedlam. It's also clear as night and day that only a select few have a chance to get in the CFP. Even when it goes to 8 teams it will be a select group from the club.

That said, I get why a string of 10 win seasons and an 11 and 12 win season have people clamoring for more.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If this isn't sarcasm then you my good sure are crazy.

We are ranked 41st and you think my pick of 7 wins is crazy? Take off your orange colored glasses you fool!
First off the poll is a joke. Second you blame the joke of a poll on Gundy letting the team fall? You my friend need to lighten up. To go through a rebuilding year like last year and still finish above .500 was pretty good. I'm not saying we're gonna win the whole thing this year, but I have a bit more optimism than 7 wins. I don't believe it's from having Orange colored glasses either.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It’s great for us because we get to go beat them in Austin for the sixth straight time and our ranking will rise to the heavens.
I am always less confident about the UT game than others on here, and the team keeps proving me wrong. I know we are going to get their best shot this year and people do forget they were actually a very good team last year. This is the real RRR for the UT crowd this year.