Clear bag policy?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I had heard that we do have one now but they were not enforcing it on Saturday. However, the University website has this-

Appropriate sized bags and other permitted items will be checked prior to entering the stadium. Bags are limited in size so they can fit under the seat. Bags larger than 12” x 12” x12” are not allowed in the stadium. Please leave all unnecessary items in your vehicle or at home. There are no provisions to check items at the gates. OSU will not be responsible for any item left at the gate. Patrons who refuse to allow visual inspections of bags or purses will be denied entry to the stadium. Please see the “Stadium Policies” section for items that are not permitted in the stadium.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
And there is also this:

Chair backs are not permitted to be brought into the stadium.

But I see people bringing them in all the time.

Feb 13, 2010
Back in God's country!
I had heard that we do have one now but they were not enforcing it on Saturday. However, the University website has this-

Appropriate sized bags and other permitted items will be checked prior to entering the stadium. Bags are limited in size so they can fit under the seat. Bags larger than 12” x 12” x12” are not allowed in the stadium. Please leave all unnecessary items in your vehicle or at home. There are no provisions to check items at the gates. OSU will not be responsible for any item left at the gate. Patrons who refuse to allow visual inspections of bags or purses will be denied entry to the stadium. Please see the “Stadium Policies” section for items that are not permitted in the stadium.
Thank you!!

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
My wife didn't have any issue with her small purse she brought in and they made no mention of a clear bag policy.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
There was nothing in all the materials they sent with the season tickets. OSU needs to understand that if they want to keep people coming to the stadium to watch the team, they need to make it easier, NOT HARDER.

Clear bag policies work OK in indoor stadiums but think about the Liberty Bowl where we had NO IDEA what the weather was going to be and the last game of the season last year when the temperature dropped over 30 degrees during the game. You can't ask people to come to an outdoor stadium subject to weather like that and then not let them go back out to the car to get gear AND have a freakin' clear bag policy. You gotta' let something slide or you will just have us all sipping beer in our recliner watching on the 65" flat screen!!

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
One thing I thought was odd was you can bring in an empty water bottle to fill from the drink stations. When I was leaving, I had about half a bottle left and was told due to the new liquor laws, I had to throw it away or drink it before I could exit. I reminded them that they don't sell liquor before I threw it away. No big deal but makes ZERO sense. Can you take out a Coke purchased?

Mar 31, 2011
One thing I thought was odd was you can bring in an empty water bottle to fill from the drink stations. When I was leaving, I had about half a bottle left and was told due to the new liquor laws, I had to throw it away or drink it before I could exit. I reminded them that they don't sell liquor before I threw it away. No big deal but makes ZERO sense. Can you take out a Coke purchased?
I was leaving a concert once when the event security guy told me I needed to either drink or throw away my unopened Dr. Pepper before I could leave. I laughed because I thought it was a joke, but he kept saying it as I walked through the gate and out into the parking lot. Very odd rule.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I was leaving a concert once when the event security guy told me I needed to either drink or throw away my unopened Dr. Pepper before I could leave. I laughed because I thought it was a joke, but he kept saying it as I walked through the gate and out into the parking lot. Very odd rule.
Lol. We brought in our 40oz insulated bottles and they didn't say anything either time. I opened the caps to show they were empty before we entered but they didn't even look to see and they didn't say anything at all when we left.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Last season I was in line to go thru a gate and one of the security guys said I could not bring my binoculars into the stadium. WOW, REALLY. (My season ticket is on the top row of the stadium, just in front of the Club seats).

I just got out of line and went thru another gate.

With my binoculars, I have noticed there is a Police Sniper station on the roof in the southwest area of the roof looking over the stadium.
Most of the time, there are 1-3 officers using their binoculars looking at the crowd seated below.
There is also a rifle mount. I could see a rifle with huge rifle scope attached to it (lying at the feet of an officer).

I am still actually amazed fans still don't have to go thru metal detectors at the gates.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I took a Baseball tour bus to baseball games in St Louis, Detroit, and Chicago (Cubs) in June.

Not surprised we had to go thru gates exactly like gates at the airport (Remove all objects from pockets...go thru metal detector....etc).