CJ Moore enters transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU9953

Wrangler
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Yea, not really expecting it, but you'd think a player of his caliber would have already landed.
I mean you're talking about a 175 lb. WR that has had minimal production so far. Not a lot of high major programs aren't going to bite. He hasn't generated the interest from major P5 programs he thought he would going into the portal. Kid has talent for sure, but he needs to clean up some things on and off the field in order to become a successful D1 football player.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Unless someone leaves, or the grad transfers don’t show up..it ain’t happening. We’re at a full 85.
Dee Anderson is coming so...

https://twitter.com/DeeAnderson21/status/1253075852381782016?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Mar 11, 2006
Correct...him and Christian Holmes put us at 85. If CJ wanted to be here, he should’ve worked a lot harder.
As someone who has seen CJ play for several years as a youth and in HS. We want home to stay at OSU. He may have been in the doghouse, but talent-wise he is definitely a starter. Rare combination of hands, speed, height.

Aug 19, 2006
Did we already know Dee Anderson was coming? Just curious if this is new news or has been out there awhile. The last couple months are all a blur now. I couldn't remember if his commitment was announced during the signing period.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Did we already know Dee Anderson was coming? Just curious if this is new news or has been out there awhile. The last couple months are all a blur now. I couldn't remember if his commitment was announced during the signing period.
CJ posted his farewell January 28th.

Dee first posted OSU stuff on Feb 4th.

I would rather have CJ, than a 1 year transfer player when we already have 3 proven Senior WR's. Especially considering the reasons that resulted in Dee Anderson being suspended for all of last season at LSU. But CJ only has CJ to blame for this.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Since he is a transfer a commitment means nothing, it is just when he gets on campus. It was speculated we were getting him but that pic is pretty good proof he is coming.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
In to the Portal doesn't necessarily mean you are off scholarship. Guess it does if the Program is full and they tell you you are out. But maybe Program assumes we'll lose another and hasn't taken any of the Portal guys off scholarship ?

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
As someone who has seen CJ play for several years as a youth and in HS. We want home to stay at OSU. He may have been in the doghouse, but talent-wise he is definitely a starter. Rare combination of hands, speed, height.
I’ve seen him play as well. I also know this isn’t the coaches problem. He was more than in the “doghouse”. Rob Glass and the strength staff aren’t the biggest fan of his either. He had a “potential” to be a starter and his talent isn’t a question, but everything else is. He’s not a starter right now. Kid physically and mentally isn’t ready to play at this level.

Trust me, in a perfect world, I’d love for him to stay instead of quitting, but if the kid doesn’t want to work hard and apply himself, What’s Dunn supposed to do? Not like the staff didn’t try. Dunn and Gundy spent about a month talking to CJ and his father trying to convince him to stay and he still decided to leave. A guy he needs to talk to is Marcell Ateman. Took him a couple years to figure it out in regards to playing for Kasey Dunn and both had similar issues except one stayed and the other bailed.

Last edited: