CJ Moore enters transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Doesn't the Portal allow other schools to legally contact the player? Before the player was the only one who could legally approach other schools.
Yes, & I guess I could have said it better, but that's the 'now it's public' part I was referring to.

To think that conversations didn't already take place before the Portal is, imo, naïve.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Doesn't the Portal allow other schools to legally contact the player? Before the player was the only one who could legally approach other schools.
It's true that players could transfer prior to the Portal, but it was not nearly as easy. I also know it appears to be much easier to gain immediately eligibility than it was. And there is no denying that the Portal was viewed as an endorsement of transferring by the NCAA and it has been effective, as evidenced by the HUGE increase in the number of athletes making themselves available for transfer especially in D1 football. Numbers don't lie.

So is that a bad thing? Iit's a good thing for individual athletes. If they are stuck in a reserve role, go to a school, maybe in a less competitive conference and get on the field to play. OK. What about the star player who wants a more legitimate shot at a NC? What's to keep a several all-star players agreeing on their own they are all going to transfer to the same school and load the deck? Is that wrong? Maybe not. In the end we are talking about kids playing a game while they're in college.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
It's true that players could transfer prior to the Portal, but it was not nearly as easy. I also know it appears to be much easier to gain immediately eligibility than it was. And there is no denying that the Portal was viewed as an endorsement of transferring by the NCAA and it has been effective, as evidenced by the HUGE increase in the number of athletes making themselves available for transfer especially in D1 football. Numbers don't lie.

So is that a bad thing? For most players it's a good thing for individual athletes. If they are stuck in a reserve role, go to a school, maybe in a less competitive conference and get on the field to play. OK. What about the star player who wants a more legitimate shot at a NC? What's to keep a several all-star players agreeing on their own they are all going to transfer to the same school and load the deck? Is that wrong? Maybe not. In the end we are talking about kids playing a game while they're in college.
I think this appearance has a lot to do with a couple of high profile transfers, namely Justin Fields to tOSU.
Regardless, the NCAA tightened up the immediate eligibility component last year after seeing the numbers after one year of the Portal.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lines-limit-immediate-eligibility/1569260001/

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I wish!! Hope to get one someday....I'm off to play Pacman on my 2600.:runaway:
Get a real computer. I have a Commodore 64 for sale, complete with an Epson RX-80 printer.
Dude. I had an Atari 400 with cassette loader and a stack of Atari magazines. Spent hours typing in code and then saving, loading, running, getting errors and doing it all over again. You haven't lived until you've done that.

Also, Amiga's were better than the C64. :-p

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
That leaves only 3 returning scholarship players and the 3 incoming freshmen for 2021.

Portal may end up wrecking college football, except for the blue bloods.
You realize that we return Tylan Wallace, Braydon Johnson, Stoner, and Wolf. All return right. Also, Anderson 4 star who redshirted back also along with some other young WR talent at backup.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
You realize that we return Tylan Wallace, Braydon Johnson, Stoner, and Wolf. All return right. Also, Anderson 4 star who redshirted back also along with some other young WR talent at backup.
Why can’t people read? You realize Wallace, Stoner and Wolf are not returning for 2021. Reading comprehension. My post said NOTHING ABOUT 2020 WR’s!!! You are like the 3rd person to do this.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Why can’t people read? You realize Wallace, Stoner and Wolf are not returning for 2021. Reading comprehension. My post said NOTHING ABOUT 2020 WR’s!!! You are like the 3rd person to do this.
Ok my bad. Well 2021 we will have way more than 3 scholarship WRs. We are bringing several in this year along with young WRs. Your numbers of schlllys way wrong there bud for 2021.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Ok my bad. Well 2021 we will have way more than 3 scholarship WRs. We are bringing several in this year along with young WRs. Your numbers of schlllys way wrong there bud for 2021.
That reading comprehension thing is not working for you, is it? I never said we would have 3 scholarship WR's in 2021. hmmmmm maybe I should post pictures or something...

Let me rephrase it. In 2021, we will have 3 scholarship WR's from our current 2019 roster, if none of them leave. We also have 3 signed High School players in our 2020 class, that will hopefully see a few downs in 2020 and return for 2021.

I think we only have 2 scholarships left on this 2020 class after some of the recent portal players.

We will be thin at WR in 2021 unless a couple of the high school players turn it up or we get some juco/portal players for 2021.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Reading comprehension is hard with your writing failure. You said:
"That leaves only 3 returning scholarship players and the 3 incoming freshmen for 2021."

Any way you spin that is wrong. In 2021 we'll have 3 WR that are already here, 3 WR from the 2020 class and probably 3 WR from the 2021 class for 2021. So 9 guys not that 6 you claimed.

Drop the mic . . . . .

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
"That leaves only 3 returning scholarship players and the 3 incoming freshmen for 2021."

Any way you spin that is wrong. In 2021 we'll have 3 WR that are already here, 3 WR from the 2020 class and probably 3 WR from the 2021 class for 2021. So 9 guys not that 6 you claimed.

Drop the mic . . . . .
If we are relying on an incoming Freshman WR for 2021, we are in trouble or we won the lottery (Dez #2).

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
You need to be telling this to the WR ‘s that are leaving. Not posters on a message board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City

Drop the mic . . . . .
Yes sir! That's my point. His numbers are dead wrong yet he wants to be patted on the back. He's the one who is clueless. Missing Jonathan Shephard and others.