City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 30, 2012
Saw a sign up around 10th and Main for an axe throwing location. That should be interesting
Did you happen to see the name of the business?
My job is having some people in for trainings and we have a fun day. Wanted to take them there but i have no info on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
My fraternity is going to rebuild. Many have. Delt circle. Many good times there. DTD. Hard times during the Vietman war. Set in front of the tv there to see what your number was to go serve. Dang. I owe my career to my brothers that encouraged me to excell.

Oct 22, 2005
Stillwater
My fraternity is going to rebuild. Many have. Delt circle. Many good times there. DTD. Hard times during the Vietman war. Set in front of the tv there to see what your number was to go serve. Dang. I owe my career to my brothers that encouraged me to excell.
Just went to a pre-app meeting for this today. There's an arms race between all the frats and sororities to build new houses.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
So gundysburner, Payne County liquor store owners better not complain when their customers have to go to these counties on Sunday, which approved of letting liquor stores open on Sunday. They are: Cleveland, Creek, Kingfisher, Muskogee, Oklahoma, Tulsa and Washington.

By the way, car dealers can't open on Sunday and want to keep it that way.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
So gundysburner, Payne County liquor store owners better not complain when their customers have to go to these counties on Sunday, which approved of letting liquor stores open on Sunday. They are: Cleveland, Creek, Kingfisher, Muskogee, Oklahoma, Tulsa and Washington.

By the way, car dealers can't open on Sunday and want to keep it that way.
Geezus what a rambling, nonsensical response, to a point I never made.

Spelling it out slowly here: since you brought it up, I'm all for Payne Co liquor stores being open on Sundays, just like I was for holidays. The 5 people I know who own liquor stores have been wanting the ability to do their business on holidays & sundays for as long as I can remember.

Also, your analogy about car dealers is stupid & makes no sense here.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
What's left is allowing liquor stores to open on Sunday. But that may be many years away, especially if liquor store owners don't want to be bothered with opening on Sunday.
My wife and I used to own a liquor store and would have LOVED to be open on Sundays, holidays, every day. I would have stayed open until midnight if I could have too. You don't make any money with the doors locked.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Also, your analogy about car dealers is stupid & makes no sense here.
It makes a heck of a lot of sense to car dealers who don't want to be bothered with opening on Sunday. That's why they all remain closed every Sunday year after year.

Surely there are some liquor store owners who would rather not open on Sunday even though they miss sales 52 days a year.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
It makes a heck of a lot of sense to car dealers who don't want to be bothered with opening on Sunday. That's why they all remain closed every Sunday year after year.

Surely there are some liquor store owners who would rather not open on Sunday even though they miss sales 52 days a year.
Power to those who don't want to be open on Sundays. Those owners who want to should have that option.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Car dealers are closed because of a blue law dating back to 1959, not because they want to be. Period, end of story.

As for liquor stores, guess what? If some want to stay closed on Sundays, they can. It's called freedom.