City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Any other updates in town? What's new in Stillwater? Last time I was there, it seemed like they were building up downtown quite a bit.
Downtown has been trying to keep from going downhill. The recent opening of TFS bar helped. But as its name implies, only open Thur, Fri, Sat. I don't know if they will be open enough to pay the overhead. Hopes for a new movie theater have gone nowhere.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Any other updates in town? What's new in Stillwater? Last time I was there, it seemed like they were building up downtown quite a bit.
Del Taco is going up. Locke Supply is doing dirtwork on their new building. There are several new residential subdivisions going in.
Word is that harbor freight is looking for a place to put in a Stillwater location.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2005
Stillwater
Word is that harbor freight is looking for a place to put in a Stillwater location.

Several places come to mind: out by FFO, the new commercial park at Airport and Perkins, the current Locke Supply location once their building is completed, or the old Sears.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Several places come to mind: out by FFO, the new commercial park at Airport and Perkins, the current Locke Supply location once their building is completed, or the old Sears.
Old Sears has a thrift store. I don't think the old Locke supply is big enough, and no loading docks back there.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Don’t know if it has been mentioned but, activity at the old Pizza Hut building on north Washington.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The article said there were several part of a franchise, and 5 were closing - Stillwater, Yukon, Norman, and a couple in OKC.
Well good grief, how many chicken places can a town have?

When I moved from Stillwater to Norman in 2012, I couldn't believe how many chicken places there were in Norman/Moore. Then, Stillwater follows suit & has I don't know how many of them spring up. I mean, there's nothing wrong with a chicken strip & a good sauce, but there's a limit.