City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
What effect has the legalization had on pricing? Back in the day when you had to buy it off the street from a dealer was it more expensive than now with the market saturization?
No change as far as I can tell. Street prices are lower than the dispensaries. They’re currently in “rip people off” mode Until the novelty wears off and people stop paying exorbitant prices just to say they got it legally.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
No change as far as I can tell. Street prices are lower than the dispensaries. They’re currently in “rip people off” mode Until the novelty wears off and people stop paying exorbitant prices just to say they got it legally.
Prices will drop, just a matter of time. Saw it happen here in Colorado as more & more dispensaries opened up & the increased competition caused price wars.

Having said that, the towns/cities that severely limit the number of dispensaries won't see the price drops that places with alot of competition will. Where I live, we had 2 dispensaries in a town of 100k. The city granted 4 more licenses, & prices dropped considerably when 6 places were competing with each other & 2 no longer had the market to themselves.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
The wondertorium was purchased.they clearly have deep pockets.seems like a straight location along restaurant row.stan did not become successful giving stuff away.
They do not have deep pockets. They sold block 40 in order to stay open.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
There was a write up in the Stillwater Press about this last week. The whole block 40 sale is going to turn into a fluster cluck before it’s all over.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/c...cle_c49b1e58-8e55-11e9-a1e1-9be177ddec42.html
Thanks for posting that. I'd forgotten it was the Katz building that didn't work out.

Seems from the article that it's already hit the cluster phase. Not a big fan of Cory Williams, but I tend to agree with him here. Seems like the Wondertorium folks didn't fully understand the agreement when they got a sweetheart deal from the city for Block 40.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Thanks for posting that. I'd forgotten it was the Katz building that didn't work out.

Seems from the article that it's already hit the cluster phase. Not a big fan of Cory Williams, but I tend to agree with him here. Seems like the Wondertorium folks didn't fully understand the agreement when they got a sweetheart deal from the city for Block 40.
Yes but, the value they gave up was a long term lease on the Katz building, freeing it up for the city to sell. Still think there should have been an open meeting so the taxpayers could voice concerns.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Yes but, the value they gave up was a long term lease on the Katz building, freeing it up for the city to sell. Still think there should have been an open meeting so the taxpayers could voice concerns.
Fair point.

While that building's deeply rooted in Stillwater's history, it was a complete money pit when the group behind Brooklyn's went through the renovation process.

Is the steakhouse, or whatever, that went in there still open?

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Fair point.

While that building's deeply rooted in Stillwater's history, it was a complete money pit when the group behind Brooklyn's went through the renovation process.

Is the steakhouse, or whatever, that went in there still open?
Yes, Granny’s kitchen took over that space. First as a steakhouse with the ninth street location still operating. Then they moved it all there.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Just in case anyone was interested, demolition has begun on the old Westwood School.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
The police are still sitting there.Seems like their services could be used more elsewhere.Instead of trying to be deputy dog.I bet they slow play the repair to milk the sign and get revenue off tickets up.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The police are still sitting there.Seems like their services could be used more elsewhere.Instead of trying to be deputy dog.I bet they slow play the repair to milk the sign and get revenue off tickets up.
No there's truly an issue with getting the repair permanently fixed and the police are there because people have nearly been hit head-on by others bypassing the barricades. We're not even talking workers or pedestrians we're talking other cars. They don't pay attention and literally nearly hit someone because they just wanted to go around the barricade.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk