City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Here's a couple of things. We've got more dispensaries opening up soon, A&W Rootbeer / Long John silver's is closed and the wondertorium will soon be moving into the old Mojo's/Joseppi's building.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
Here's a couple of things. We've got more dispensaries opening up soon, A&W Rootbeer / Long John silver's is closed and the wondertorium will soon be moving into the old Mojo's/Joseppi's building.

I wonder if Stan donated the building to the Wondertorium, that seems like a purchase that would be beyond their finances.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I wonder if Stan donated the building to the Wondertorium, that seems like a purchase that would be beyond their finances.
The moment we saw that, my wife and I thought the same thing.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The wondertorium was purchased.they clearly have deep pockets.seems like a straight location along restaurant row.stan did not become successful giving stuff away.
He is a successful business man that gives tons in charity back to the community. That helps him be successful. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he did. Have you met him? Nice guy.

Feb 25, 2008
The WONDERtorium Board of Directors has entered into an agreement with Stan Clark, President of Clark Realty Corporation for the opportunity to purchase the former Mojo’s building located at 223 E. Hall of Fame in Stillwater.

The WONDERtorium first opened its doors at 308 W. Franklin Lane in October 2011. The intent was for the initial location to provide a proof of concept and eventually for the museum to be able to relocate to a larger facility. The board and staff plan to operate the existing facility while planning is underway for the new location.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/b...cle_9afb1dde-889f-11e9-a7f7-2b4a6ac8b6ef.html

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Possible hostage situation in Stillwater at an apartment building near Eskimo Joe's

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/b...gn=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Crazy lunatic....dont they know its 40 north where this type of stuff happens. Always did when I was in school.
Police apparently evacuated the buildings and went apartment to apartment and found nothing. So at this point looking like a hoax

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Sh@t.Just what we need.more banks,churches,and chicken shops.
And dispensaries .... Gonna see some go out of business soon. Hardly ever see anyone go into the one by my house. More people go into the liquor store nearby and that's not even a ton of people.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
And dispensaries .... Gonna see some go out of business soon. Hardly ever see anyone go into the one by my house. More people go into the liquor store nearby and that's not even a ton of people.

I'm curious how much the dispensaries are advertising in the NewsPress, signage around town, etc...

Here in Colorado, it's a highly (pun intended) competitive industry & they spend a ton in advertising, anywhere you can think of. One of the chains even wanted to buy the naming rights for Mile High Stadium, but the Broncos declined.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I'm curious how much the dispensaries are advertising in the NewsPress, signage around town, etc...

Here in Colorado, it's a highly (pun intended) competitive industry & they spend a ton in advertising, anywhere you can think of. One of the chains even wanted to buy the naming rights for Mile High Stadium, but the Broncos declined.
One I've seen all over Facebook groups for Stillwater lately that just opened. Called Flippin' Farms. I don't get the news press so I couldn't tell you about that. I do hear CBD plus with their Colorado cure commercial on radio. The one where it stopped some kids seizures. It's sad they do that and make it sound like it's a miracle cure for pediatric seizures. It really only helps in a very specific type that is a small percentage.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
One I've seen all over Facebook groups for Stillwater lately that just opened. Called Flippin' Farms. I don't get the news press so I couldn't tell you about that. I do hear CBD plus with their Colorado cure commercial on radio. The one where it stopped some kids seizures. It's sad they do that and make it sound like it's a miracle cure for pediatric seizures. It really only helps in a very specific type that is a small percentage.

I have a friend who sells CBD, love her to death, but bless her heart. She's like alot of people right now who basically claim it'll help with literally any condition, human or animal. It has value, I have no doubt, but right now it's got alot of snake oil salesman touting it's benefits.

I talk to patients who use it for various conditions & alot of them swear by it. It definitely makes me wonder how much of their experience is psychosomatic & how much of it is real & legit. Had a patient the other day with very bad squamos cell carcinoma all over his face & neck. He'd been through chemo & radiation with little to no impact, so he started using a topical CBD product & ingesting it sublingually. He claimed to have gotten alot of relief from it, so who knows?

I think it'll be interesting to see what research tells us about it moving forward. With increasing legalization & consequently increased usage, there's going to be alot more data out there about it.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
What effect has the legalization had on pricing? Back in the day when you had to buy it off the street from a dealer was it more expensive than now with the market saturization?