City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 11, 2011
Del Rancho still open, but no longer called Del Rancho. I haven't seen anything official, but heard they were told they couldn't continue operating under that name due to their poor reviews, and Del Rancho not wanting their franchise name associated with them anymore.

sheltrk

Wrangler
Dec 17, 2008
Del Rancho still open, but no longer called Del Rancho. I haven't seen anything official, but heard they were told they couldn't continue operating under that name due to their poor reviews, and Del Rancho not wanting their franchise name associated with them anymore.
According to the Stillwater Community Watch Facebook page, the Stillwater Del Rancho location is closed for good. Apparently there's a sign on the door at least as of today. One of the posters on the FB group indicated that it was to be called "R&R Chicken Fry" once they lost their Del Rancho license, but they never really got that off the ground, and now they are closed.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Too much competition from the chicken places and Taco Bell. At Golden Chick, you get FREE soft ice cream, if the machine is working.
Moved from Stillwater to Norman in '13 & thought "holy crap, there's a chicken place on every corner in Norman & Moore." Then, it happened in Stillwater.

I know the restaurant industry is always looking for the latest trends, etc..., but man, I just can't believe how many of these places there are right now. If I had to bet, it'll be like the Bagel shop trend in the late 90's. The good ones will survive longterm & the others will die off.

As for Del Rancho in Stillwater, that's disappointing.