City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Why would opposition die down? This still doesn't give any concrete plans for the use of the money. They keep comparing it to maps, but okc had very specific projects and plans for that money each time it was passed. I say they need to show us plans and then let us vote on them.
This would be SO clutch for downtown Stillwater. It would almost serve as an anchor for the revitalization of downtown. Let's hope this happens!
Then opposition to the TIF plan might as well die down.

Where would a movie complex be built? Since city is in negotiations that suggests Block 34.
Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Dec 17, 2008
South of 34 is the news press right?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Yes, to clarify a bit: Block 41 (just S of Block 34) contains the News Press office and Causley's. The article states that a group of investors has purchased most of the land on Blocks 40 and 41. The reporter speculates that Block 40 (just S of the Community Center and W of Block 40) is a likely tract for the new movie theater.