City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Effective immediately.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Dang i was hoping for some sales. Good people that owned it. I took a few classes from them and went to their shooting range after the class. I wonder if anyone else will offer any classes in Stillwater.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Effective immediately.

Dang i was hoping for some sales. Good people that owned it. I took a few classes from them and went to their shooting range after the class. I wonder if anyone else will offer any classes in Stillwater.
Camo corner has an outdoor range so maybe they'll offer some classes. I was hoping for some sales also.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
It has been widely reported on Twitter that Willie's is closing down.

Would be sad to see it go even if it is extremely run down. I'd love to see someone remodel that place.
I haven't been to Willie's in years, but would really hate to see it close. Maybe because the Bloodworth's were family friends but I have stronger memories of it being there than I do pretty much any other bar other than the Wet Olive.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
It has been widely reported on Twitter that Willie's is closing down.

Would be sad to see it go even if it is extremely run down. I'd love to see someone remodel that place.
I was in Willie's over a week ago. A dive is a dive, but I didn't find it all that run down, even if you still piss in a trough, like back during the good old days.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I remember there being some sort of connection to College Bar. Are they both owned by the same guy or are they both managed by the same guy or something like that?
Back in the early 90's they were owned buy the same guy, Bill. He lost the college bar, it had a different name then, to taxes and liquor license issues. It then became Mike College Bar and after that I am not sure.

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
Back in the early 90's they were owned buy the same guy, Bill. He lost the college bar, it had a different name then, to taxes and liquor license issues. It then became Mike College Bar and after that I am not sure.
I remember hearing some story about 10-15 years ago about the then owner not trusting banks so he kept all of his money in the back office inside a trash barrel, and one night somebody came in and stole it while he was passed out drunk, so he had to sell it to what I think was the Willie's owner.

That was when it went from being Mike's College Bar, to some stupid dance club for a few weeks, then back to College Bar (minus the Mike's).

Never knew if it was actually true, but it made for a great story.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I remember hearing some story about 10-15 years ago about the then owner not trusting banks so he kept all of his money in the back office inside a trash barrel, and one night somebody came in and stole it while he was passed out drunk, so he had to sell it to what I think was the Willie's owner.

That was when it went from being Mike's College Bar, to some stupid dance club for a few weeks, then back to College Bar (minus the Mike's).

Never knew if it was actually true, but it made for a great story.
I worked as a cook at the college bar before it sold the first time and when you got paid he would cash your check on the spot, he pulled out a wad of $20's big enough to choke a cow. You never took a check from him to the bank. I know there was a break in but they only got the chump change jar that sat o n the bar and broke the giant mirror on wall at willies and one window.

I know he was robbed but it was not at the bar but passed out in his car.

This would have been between 94 and 95, Big Country was playing for OSU and the Wormy Dog was still above Coney Island.