City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Anyone here even notice that Gatsby's closed? They had moved from Main Street down to the Fountain Square Off Western near the Sushi House.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Anyone here even notice that Gatsby's closed? They had moved from Main Street down to the Fountain Square Off Western near the Sushi House.

No. I didn't know it was downtown before moving to Fountain Square.
We went once and it was nice but not really our thing.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
No. I didn't know it was downtown before moving to Fountain Square.
We went once and it was nice but not really our thing.
Hmm. Now that I think about it, I may be thinking about that ibarra(?sp) that was downtown.

sheltrk

Wrangler
Dec 17, 2008

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Apparently Stillwater really likes both Mexican and chicken restaurants! :eek: Who knew? :innocent:

I was hoping for an Indian place, but if Nana's is really authentic Mexican, I'm interested enough to try it out. Homemade tres leches cake and chocoflan sounds pretty good to me.
I love good Indian cooking. I’m afraid Stillwater is too small to support one, though.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
No, it also requires a customer base that will return time after time or enough cash to get by until that customer base can be built.
Look at how long Thai Cafe has lasted. Some new restaurants won't last a year, even if they sell all American food. Seriously, people really need to know what you're doing in the restaurant trade to make it last.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011