City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sheltrk

Wrangler
Dec 17, 2008
Here's a quick update of some things I've seen around town recently.
Chuck's paint has a sign that says it is now going to soon be an online auction.
Domino's Pizza is remodeling.
And the hookah lounge has closed just in case any of y'all really cared about that.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Interesting... I was just in the Himalayan (Indian grocery store on Main) the other day looking for some curry seasoning. I noticed they had a rather large stock of hookah paraphernalia in the back. I did wonder what was up with that.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Heard it was going to remodel and open as this place
http://craftrepublic.com/
So another wonderful place for hamburgers plus more. It looks like it will have better atmosphere than at Five Guys while going bigger and better than the Garage. Maybe they'll have more beer on tap then at Fin's.

The Tombstone Tavern looks interesting for having a table in the store window. I hope they'll knock off that walled off area and return it to pool tables and other games.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Stan Clark announced on social media that Mojo’s has closed. Said the building is now for sale.
What a pity. That was the place to go for roast beef after IHOP took it off their menu. I bet the building won't turn into a Mexican restaurant or any other restaurant.

Mexico Joe's seems to be making it. They're kinda on the busy side when I go there for happy hour. But don't think their food is any better than the other Mexican places.

Last edited:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Wish they would be bring back the Bay. (Like it was back in the 80's and 90's. That used to be the best restaurant in Stillwater. Kind of went downhill there at the end though.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Wish they would be bring back the Bay. (Like it was back in the 80's and 90's. That used to be the best restaurant in Stillwater. Kind of went downhill there at the end though.
Yeah, good place for seafood other than lobster.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
Stan Clark announced on social media that Mojo’s has closed. Said the building is now for sale.
I would think someplace like that would do great in Stillwater. Was it poor management or do college students just not go out to do stuff anymore?

I was in the Navy and away from Stillwater for the last few years of its run, but it was good up until at least 1989.

They had some very good prime rib, i wish it had never closed.
Best Prime Rib in Stillwater since Redwood West burned down. The Bay had great Chicken Kiev too.

I liked that they had seafood, steaks, and pretty damn good Italian food. Weird because Joseppi's food was always pretty meh to me. I loved the crab and 3 cheese manicotti at the Bay.
Joseppi's food was good the first couple of years but I think after that they just started serving Bertolli dinners.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
I would think someplace like that would do great in Stillwater. Was it poor management or do college students just not go out to do stuff anymore?

I was in the Navy and away from Stillwater for the last few years of its run, but it was good up until at least 1989.

Best Prime Rib in Stillwater since Redwood West burned down. The Bay had great Chicken Kiev too.

Joseppi's food was good the first couple of years but I think after that they just started serving Bertolli dinners.
I liked Mojo's but when I was there it was always an older crowd. Didn't seem to pull enough college students. Stillwater has too many restaurants now for a place like that to just float by on the older crowd. I will also say that I had a friends daughter who worked there, and all of the employees were frustrated because they were always over-staffed and it made it difficult for anyone to work regular hours. I think they may have been over-eager on a few fronts that just dragged the bottom line down.

When I was a student my friends and I would go to the Bay pretty regularly up until it closed. It was quiet, the food was good and the beer was cold. I preferred it to the rowdier, always louder regular Joes.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Texas Roadhouse from being always packed draws a lot of customers away from the others. Mojo's included. That and 4 popular Mexican restaurants, and it's a miracle Mexico Joe's continues to make it. It's food is certainly no better than the other Mexican places. Having happy hour seems to help.

The opening of Red Lobster must have drove the Bay out of business.

It will be interesting to see what happens now to Mojo's and what Clark will allow there. Wouldn't be too shocked, if the whole building gets torn down.

Oct 1, 2006
Lagos, Nigeria
You hit the nail on the head. In the early days almost everything was prepared at the restaurant, after a few years they switched over to prepackaged stuff. Same reason the quality has dropped off at Mexico Joe's. Hard to justify the expense of eating out when you're basically getting a frozen dinner.