Cigars

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Anybody on here a cigar enthusiast or aficionado? I have always enjoyed a good cigar, but decided to take my hobby to the next level when my friends bought me a humidor for my birthday.

I have been trying to smoke a variety since there are 1000’s of options out there. My short like of sticks that I have liked so far:

Full Bodied:
Man O’ War – Armada*
Man O’ War – Ruination*
Diesel – Unlimited*

Medium Bodied:
San Miguel
Arturo Fuentes
Cusano LXI Habano Sun Grown

Mild Bodied:
Man 0’ War – Virtue*

Up-Next:

*Pretty much anything by AJ Fernandez is money

Didn’t know if anyone was also into cigars and might have any good suggestions?

I am currently compiling my list of OSU football victory cigars. List to come.

pokelahoman

Keeper of the Cursive Script
Aug 31, 2009
Edmond
Curiously going to be keeping an eye on this thread. We have a pretty good cigar shop right down the street. I need to go by again, might today or tomorrow. I haven't had a ton of experience, but a few I have tried.

Arturo Fuente
Romeo Y Julieta
Acid - Good for beginners, had a sugary wrapping.
C.A.O
Cuesta Rey
Cohiba

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Yea, I hope to get this thread going. I thought it might be cool to post a review as you smoke.

I tried San Miguel last night during the rain which was nice. It is supposedly new on the market.

It was box pressed, so I thought it would have a tight draw but surprised to find it had a very loose smooth even draw. Very mild taste, good smoke and had a very smooth peppery (little sweat) aftertaste. The ash on this thing was great, held together nicely.

I usually don’t smoke them down to the fingertips but I did on this one and I am glad I did, the last part tasted great.

Would l buy again? Yes.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I have to admit I was never a fan until I went to Jamaica and tried a variety of Cubans. Like night and day IMO. But it did get me started.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Not a smoker but one of my golf buddies is. He said he likes his cigar tip dipped in brandy before smoking.

leprechaun7

Erin Go Bragh
A/V Subscriber
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City, MO
seanpharkin.wordpress.com
My favorite cigar: Monte Cristo No. 2...packs a hell of a punch, but it's Cuban and hard to come by...I think I have three in my humidor.

Favorite domestic cigar is a Nat Sherman (either a Hobart or Hampton, depending on how big of a cigar I want)...made with a Connecticut Shade Wrapper, adds a little sweetness http://bit.ly/pBin8M

Another great brand is Opus X torpedos...only had a few--pricey, but fantastic. http://bit.ly/pSxDnq

Had good experiences with the Sancho Panza Caballero http://bit.ly/qbDUam

Really want to try a few in the Gurkha label http://bit.ly/oPx1fp

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
A (Cuban) Monte Cristo #2 is what I measure all other cigars by. Near perfection.

A Padron 3000 Maduro is my favorite affordable non-cuban. Also love the Padron 1964 Anniversary cigars, but they are priced in the Opus X range. The Sancho Panza's I will definitely second. If you prefer a milder cigar, a Montesino Diplomatico will do nicely at a decent price.

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
I always make the mistake of not remembering the good cigars I've tried. I did try a Gurkha a few weeks ago and enjoyed it.

Nov 5, 2004
Kansas
Where are you guys buying your cigars? I can't get any around here and I don't really want to order whole boxes.

I've started smoking a pipe occaisionally. I can get decent pipe tobacco.

leprechaun7

Erin Go Bragh
A/V Subscriber
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City, MO
seanpharkin.wordpress.com
Where are you guys buying your cigars? I can't get any around here and I don't really want to order whole boxes.

I've started smoking a pipe occaisionally. I can get decent pipe tobacco.
I don't mind buying from JR Cigars, jrcigars.com

They have a lot of cigar 5-packs you can order, and for pretty decent prices.

I haven't found a place in Stillwater with a decent selection yet (the Barn has some, but I smoked one from there and it was like it had never been in a humidor)

Oct 3, 2010
Anderson MO
Don't yell at me for this but my favorite all around cigar is Rum Runners. As good as the 7-15 dollar sticks but only 3 bucks. Now don't get me wrong I'll still go for a Romeo and Juliette, Rocky Patel's, or any Gurkha's, but for a quick cheap smoke cant beat Rum Runners.

I will tell you though I tried a Hemingway Short Story and didn't like it at all.

NewMexPoke84

Ou still sucks
Aug 27, 2008
OKC
A (Cuban) Monte Cristo #2 is what I measure all other cigars by. Near perfection.

A Padron 3000 Maduro is my favorite affordable non-cuban. Also love the Padron 1964 Anniversary cigars, but they are priced in the Opus X range. The Sancho Panza's I will definitely second. If you prefer a milder cigar, a Montesino Diplomatico will do nicely at a decent price.
My uncle gave me a box of #1's, same one Fidel smokes. They are amazing.

-Arturo Fuente
-Makers Mark
-Romeo Y Julieta

Those are my top 3 minus the Cubans my uncle sometimes hooks me up with.