Chuba vs Last 4 RBs to win Heisman

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 4, 2016
Oklahoma
I know its a long shot for Chuba to win the Heisman, but it shouldn't be. Chuba is the best player in college football. What he has done so far this year is amazing.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
It's absolute BS that he's not getting talked about all over the country for what he's doing. He truly should be a finalist with serious consideration for a number one vote and he fo sho better win the Doak Walker award.

Edit: I'll add this; if we go on to win our last three games, including uo, and he shows out in all of those games I think his name will get thrown around way more. He just happens to be on a team that is not winning at a high level. Sucks. And if we go 9-3 he may get some play.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
If he surpasses 2K and doesn't at least get an invite to NY, then the award will lose any credibility it has left.
I've gotten to the point that I care about as much about the Heisman as I do the Basketball Hall of Fame.

For years, it was a big deal just to get an invite to NYC for the ceremony. So when they went to just inviting 3 guys & turned it into a Dr. Zhivago-length TV event, I just lost all interest.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
It has been a mixed bag this year. But they did a GREAT job on those two long runs against TCU.
If there are eight at the line, and you open a seam, the result should be a big play. In OSU's case, you should immediately apologize for not grinding out a 12 play drive.

Nov 18, 2010
Division 1 football in reality, consists of 12-15 teams. The playoffs and awards are reserved for those teams.

The other 90+ teams are in a separate division. (Just ask UCF)
They'll just pick players from the usual "blueblood", true division 1 teams. SEC, OU, Ohio State.

I love college football but the ESPN/SEC merger ruined it for 90+ universities.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Division 1 football in reality, consists of 12-15 teams. The playoffs and awards are reserved for those teams.

The other 90+ teams are in a separate division. (Just ask UCF)
They'll just pick players from the usual "blueblood", true division 1 teams. SEC, OU, Ohio State.

I love college football but the ESPN/SEC merger ruined it for 90+ universities.
THIS x 10,000

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I've gotten to the point that I care about as much about the Heisman as I do the Basketball Hall of Fame.

For years, it was a big deal just to get an invite to NYC for the ceremony. So when they went to just inviting 3 guys & turned it into a Dr. Zhivago-length TV event, I just lost all interest.
totally agree. the whole thing is the blue blood w/ the best QB competition...........

Jan 31, 2012
Im not saying that the leagues leading rusher shouldn't be a heisman finalist, im just saying that it isn't that un-common and he wouldn't be getting snubbed.

Jan 31, 2012
Chuba would need a signature moment, like leading us to a victory against OU with a stellar rushing performance. To win the Heisman you have to be the best player on one of the best teams or do something thats rarely accomplished.